anyone denied/delayed by the psych evaluation?

yesperanza
on 9/30/08 11:13 am - RI
hi
honest to pete,
after my 3 hour interview in the morning, and 30 minute visit with the psychiatrist in the afternoon, he told me i had to get my emotional eating under control before he could pass me on to the next level. i am to meet with one of his psychotherapists friday, i guess once a week, for 3 months. and then the doc will review my case.

aweee. the wind is out of my sails. i feel bummed. discouraged.

how often does this happen?

yesperanza
Susan G.
on 10/14/08 7:37 am

Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems like a lot of us got in this situation because we are emotional eaters.  I was also told I should see someone about my emotional eat...but luckily for me it did not slow down the process.

Good luck!

tenderlovins
on 10/26/08 12:00 am - Kimberly, WI
This happened to me so I know how you feel, I even had a surgery date set and every thing got cancelled cuz he said he felt I didn't know enough about the after effects of the surgery which was bull. I had to go thru an 8-week class and then go back to him to he could finally say I could go on with it. The class or psychotheraphy sessions as they called it didn't even pertain to the surgery. You got to get past this and just do what they want, remember it will be worth it all in the end,  before I got over it and during the sessions I let everyone know how I felt even the shrink. So raise those sails again and full speed ahead ahead, I now am rescheduled for Dec 1.  Good Luck, we will get there!

Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1102 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 843 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1078 views