1st summer after bypass......

ctmom
on 6/7/09 9:55 pm
RNY on 08/25/08 with
Shorts....I bought shorts for the first time in YEARS!

How are all of the August folks doing?  Life is great here.  No meds (except vitamins)...and I feel like I could conquer the world.  The weight loss is slowing now but I hope to lose about 15 more throughout the summer and hit my goal by my surgery anniversary on the 25th of Aug.

I hope everyone is loving life as much as I am.  This surgery has changed me...and I couldn't be happier!

Darrell H.
on 6/8/09 1:40 am - Sinton, TX
I am right there with you! i participate in my first 5K run on the 20th, then my first triathlon on June 28th. I weighed 470 last summer and now at 234 and dropping, I feel awesome!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Karen M.
on 6/10/09 2:46 am - Calabasas, CA
I'm a 100 lbs lighter and I bought a bathing suit, I haven't worn one of those in at least 15 yrs!!! I'm looking pretty hot if I do say so myself ;) ..lol! No really I FEEL wonderful!! Yesterday I was working out and picked up a 100 lb free weight and could hardly pick it up...how the hell did I carry around that much weight???

Congrats on your first pair of shorts!!!

glemlm
on 6/11/09 10:04 am - Martinez, GA
TWO BATHING SUITS!!!  I own two bathing suits.  Never in the past 29 years have I owned 2 bathing suits.  Just finding one was hard enough,  now i have 2 and everything I try on fits..... I love this new life.  And I am not even at my end point yet. 
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1102 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 843 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1078 views