well its been 11 months almost since my surgery

izzyboo
on 7/10/09 1:53 pm - PA
i cant believe that in a little over a month it will have been a year since my surgery.  i need to take some new pictures.  i have now lost over 150 pounds since my surgery.  i kinda wi**** was more but my physical activity has been a little limited because of the severe arthritis in my knees.  walking is becoming very painful.  i go back to the orthopedic dr on august 7.  we had talked about knee replacement before but my weight was so high he wouldnt even think about touching me surgically.  not sure what the next step is.  if we will try shots again or what.  my weight is now well under what he stated i needed to be at so we will see.  i am proud to say that i am down 7 clothing sizes!!!!  and i wore a bathing suit out in public twice this week without a huge tshirt covering me!!!!!  one bad side effect has been that i lost a ton of hair.  so my hair is now super short.  i finally caved and just got it chopped.  not sure if i like it or not...i guess it will grow.  i have been taking biotin and that seems to be helping.  any other ideas you guys might have about hair loss and what i can do to speed along growth?  my daughter has been thrilled with how much more i am able to do.  i sit on the floor and play games with her and dont have to worry about not being able to get up again.  i go for my next check up on thursday.  its a month early but thats when they could get me in.  weight loss is starting to slow down.  i am still losing but at a much slower rate.  i am just happy to be losing.  i knew that i would never be skinny i am just happy to be losing weight and feeling better.  my blood pressure is no longer high, my cholesterol is no longer high, and i just generally feel better!  ok thats enough from me.  thanks if you read this!!!  hope everyone is having a great summer!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1102 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 843 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1078 views