Recent Posts

SweetSherri
on 3/2/08 9:53 am - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: RE: CARBS????
Jodi, I don't get on this board very often so I really apologize for not replying earlier. You may, in fact, already have an answer to your question. I had asked my dietician about the nutrients. For carbs in particular, I was told to target a minimum of 100 grams in order to stay out of ketosis (ketosis is bad..not good!). Provided I try to keep it with 'good carbs', it can be a strugle most days to get in 100 g. Of that 100, at least 30 grams should be 'fiber' grams in order to keep from getting constipated. For the fiber grams, I usually just eat 1 cup of Fiber One cereal for 28 grams. I munch on it dry like it's popcorn. Different dieticians will tell different patients different advise so when in doubt, be sure to run it by your own dietician...k? Best of luck! Sherri
cmr3399
on 1/18/08 1:40 am - Bayville, NJ
Topic: RE: Revisions?
I am also Curious...I am meeting with my surgeon on the 22nd and need all the help I can get.... Christine
cskwj
on 10/30/07 2:54 pm - Cashton, WI
Topic: RE: I had the revision............
Hello, If you don't mind me asking, did your insurance cover the revision? If not, what did it cost you? I have been at the same weight since I was 10 months out! Urghh...I don't think my BMI would qualify me for WLS as I am about 35 lbs from ideal weight. Thanks! Sherry
steel38
on 10/28/07 10:35 pm - piscataway, NJ
Yes, I did have the revision, and I do feel restriction when I try to eat too much. I do find that it has worked for me. However, my only complaint is that i still can eat sweets w/o dumping. So, yes the surgery & revision were worth it, but, mentally I have to stay away from the carbs and sweets. Hope this helps. Steel
Jodi W
on 10/17/07 2:49 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
Teri Thank you very much. I notice that this board is not very active. I posted this question on the nutrition board and the dieticain said something about calories in verses carbs and such, that really didn't help either. I decided to eat the very lowest amount of carbs that I can. It seems to be helping in different ways. With weight and gas problems. Sorry for the TMI I really appreciate you taking the time to stop in and post. It's nice to know someone is reading. Have a wonderful day and an awesome rest of the week! (((BIG HUGS))) JODI
basketmom
on 10/17/07 2:36 am - Fulton, MI
Hi Jodi- I don't have an answer for you because my Dr hasn't ever said anything about how many, etc. I know I eat too many, though. Bad habits die hard. You might want to post on the main board if you haven't already. This board doesn't get much traffic as you can see. Hope you find your answer. Teri
Jodi W
on 10/9/07 3:58 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
Topic: CARBS????
HI THERE This is my first visit to this board, so hi all. I figured what better place to ask this question then here with the rest of my surgery sisters and brothers. I know I should know this but I don't. How many carbs as we suppose to shoot for to either get or stay under? I am really confused. (nothing new for me) If someone could help me out here I would be ever so greatful. Thanks in advance for taking the time to even come in here and read my post and for any advice you could give me. Much love and (((BIG HUGS))) JODI from The Cali board.
JodieZ
on 10/3/07 2:37 am - Woodbury, MN
Hi, I was wondering how you are doing today with the weight loss...I had the RNY done in September 2004 and also have gained back about 40 lbs now and can eat way to much, drink way to much and eat sweets...I don't dump...I saw the surgeon today and we are talking about a revision...are you glad you did it...please email me at [email protected] I would love to talk with you. Thanks Jodie
Lynn J
on 9/22/07 1:36 am - LA
Topic: RE: September 17..Happy surgiversary surgery buddies!
Sherri, Happy Surgiversary to you!! You did great. I am so jealous that you are having PS. I am dying for a TT but can't afford it right now. I would be at goal if I had a TT as I have so much skin to be removed on my tummy. Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04 5'4" 306/146/135
Rebecca N.
on 9/19/07 12:53 am - Ft. Worth, TX
Topic: RE: September 17..Happy surgiversary surgery buddies!
congratulations!!! I had surgery sept. 20th 2004. I go to see my doctor today for my 3 yr checkup! I'm kind of excited and scared at the same time. I have probally put on about 30 lbs since I saw him last. I have read some of the revision posts so I will ask him today about that. Overall I feel I have done well. I just can eat a whole lot more now than I used to. I originally lost 90 lbs....went from a size 22-24w to a size 4-6 but now I comfortably wear a size 12. I sure wish I could get back to atleast a size 8. My husband and I have really been talking about plastic surgery so I will be checking into that soon. I can't wait. Good luck with you tummy tuck (how exciting!) rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views