DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TEST

PATI
on 7/30/05 12:02 pm - Bridgeport, TX
When the appointment was made for my pre admission testing they didn't realy tell me what these test are, does any one know? Also I have been reading alot about B-12 shots multy vitamins and such, my surgen only mentioned I would have to take 2 vitamins a day from now does anyone know anything about this?
Snoyarc
on 7/30/05 1:31 pm - Wilmington, DE
Hi Pat, Usually they have to talk with a nutritionist well before your surgery is scheduled because the dietary changes are a major part of the surgery's success. You can take b-12 in sublingual form (500mg/day), if you are menstrating you take Iron... don't remember that amount off the top of my head, and you take a multi-vitamin, my nutritionist suggested 3 children's chewables a day, one per meal so they absorb better... flintstones being a good complete brand. If you want more information that my nutritionist shared with me, email me and I'll send it to you, but I think you should really look into seeing someone who specializes in this because they are better trained to help you get the things you need and help you learn what your body will need post operatively. Huggles Rachel
PATI
on 7/30/05 2:11 pm - Bridgeport, TX
i hven't talked to anyone except the Doc. the scedular and money people the advocate was sickthe dy i went in. My pre ops are on the sep.1 and surgery Sep. 7 and i've been told nothing.
Snoyarc
on 7/31/05 12:12 pm - Wilmington, DE
You really should look into talking with a nutritionist... your dietary needs are going to center on protein and fluid intake... you will not be able to drink with meals anymore either. Basically, for the first month you're looking at 1/4 cup of pureed foods or soft foods (mashed potatoes etc...) but if they are potatoes they need to be laced with protein powder. Protein at this stage of the game is your friend. My nutritionist told me that I should aim for 100g of protein a day, it's based on your weight. The formula is 0.3g/protein per lb you weigh... roughly... I've made a 2 day diet plan for myself and believe me, you should be working towards the same thing already just so you can get an idea of how difficult it will be to get all your protein in. If you email me (off the message boards) I will forward a copy of my 2 day schedule to you, my nutritionist found it VERY complete and was thrilled that I managed to get enough protein listed each day... you are welcome to follow it if you wish to but keep in mind the protein amounts on mine are based on the protein powder that I have purchased and yours might be different. I'd honestly get in touch with a nutritionist though... one who deals with bariatric patients... otherwise you could find yourself with serious negative health effects afterwards and no where to turn to help you figure out your diet. Huggles Rachel
Snoyarc
on 7/30/05 1:33 pm - Wilmington, DE
Almost forgot, they test your blood count, your liver function, cholesterol levels, and a whole host of other things just to make sure that operating on you will be a safe thing... if you're healthy other than being overweight, you shouldn't have a problem... Huggles Rachel
nybabe
on 7/31/05 4:10 am - Babylon, NY
hi--one question - what if you are anemic? do they reschedule your surgery? or give you irona& re test the day of surgery?
Snoyarc
on 7/31/05 11:53 am - Wilmington, DE
I've heard that if you are anemic and have it under control there won't be an issue, but I don't know what the process is for being anemic during your testing... I'd ask my doctor or office staff about that one. Sorry I can't be more helpful!!! Huggles Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 581 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 678 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 886 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 907 views