How are you all staying SANE???!!!!

meltdown
on 7/31/05 2:12 pm - IN
I just got my date for September the 14th. There are so many things that I feel I need to do before that date......Figure out the whole work thing and who is going to do what while I am gone. What to do with the kids...I have four...a 9 year old boy, a 3 year old little girl, and twin girls that are 19 months. What is my significant other going to do and can he handle the kids and house and me during the time I am recovering? The cooking, cleaning......Then of course those nagging thoughts..what if something goes wrong. But of course those are over shadowed by my sheer excitement over this turning point in my life. I have already cleaned out my closets. Went through everything in my house to do a little "spring" cleaning..... What is everyone doing just to keep from taking off in a million different directions before their surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/05 3:00 pm - Midland, MI
Hey Judy you sound like me... Here is what I've been doing: I've become a LIST making fiend. Every aspect of my like is in list form so that ANYONE can do what I do. I've started reading lables.. and checking out vitamins and protien. I wrote a "living will" I started a WLS scrapbook Im trying to write "just in case letters" to my family.. but I get to Dear and I break down... gota add "Finissh letters" to my LIST Erin 9/12/05 PS Just a note if for a few weeks Post Op the house goes to poop... who cares as long as everyone is safe and happy!
Allyson
on 7/31/05 6:44 pm - Sydney, Australia
Hey Erin and Judy, I have packed my bag already (I go in on Sept 19th), Am writing in my journal i tried to do a tape the other day to tell me friends the things that i wanted to say just in case and i ended up a rambling mess so i left that. I have to start my videp journal and living will and i still havent written any letters. I have put all my other stuff in order such as passwords, accounts etc etc. But i am at uni full time and working part time so i havent had much time but i have to get started. And i am sure that i will start some more organising behaviours as the date get closer. Cheers Allyson
Snoyarc
on 8/1/05 4:00 am - Wilmington, DE
I'm keeping myself busy by getting my oldest ready to start school at the end of August. I'm sorting through hand-me-downs and sorting my clothes into "fits now" or "it WILL fit me soon" or "not worth keeping" I'm trying to get all my paperwork done and all arrangements for child care done (my kids are 5½, 4, and 2½) because I don't have a SO or spouse to take care of them for me. X-hubby though is going to do MOST of the work, even if he doesn't like it... he helped make the kids, he can help take care of them! Beyond that, just talking with friends and trying to keep things business as usual, but I have found that whole feeling of "nesting" like right before child birth, you know what I mean? Where I have to get the house into good condition so I won't have to do anything for the first few months... it's weird, but that's what I'm doing. Well, gotta run... Huggles Rachel
Snoyarc
I'm keeping myself busy by getting my oldest ready to start school at the end of August. I'm sorting through hand-me-downs and sorting my clothes into "fits now" or "it WILL fit me soon" or "not worth keeping" I'm trying to get all my paperwork done and all arrangements for child care done (my kids are 5½, 4, and 2½) because I don't have a SO or spouse to take care of them for me. X-hubby though is going to do MOST of the work, even if he doesn't like it... he helped make the kids, he can help take care of them! Beyond that, just talking with friends and trying to keep things business as usual, but I have found that whole feeling of "nesting" like right before child birth, you know what I mean? Where I have to get the house into good condition so I won't have to do anything for the first few months... it's weird, but that's what I'm doing. Well, gotta run... Huggles Rachel
Snoyarc
Maxine B.
on 8/1/05 7:49 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 09/13/05 with
I'm not! I am sure I am driving everyone around me crazy. Living Will Check, done. No husband. But I have 15 year old. She is going to spend the week at a friend's house and they will ride to school each day. Trying to figure out how much help I will need after the surgery? Is someone staying with you? How many days? Mine is the 13th! and I am so excited! Going on here is helping a lot! I am reading many books and trying to get dogs situated for the week!
Snoyarc
on 8/1/05 11:46 am - Wilmington, DE
Why did that last post of mine show up 3 times? LOL... sorry guys, I have no clue! Anyway, I'm going to have people come and help me any time the children are here. The first weekend (from the first through the 5th) they're supposed to be with daddy anyway, so that will help, then someone, mostly daddy will pick them up/drop them off etc... from daycare and hom and get them to bed, except for my weekends with the kids... I'm trying to arrange things with people still to make sure I don't have to lift anyone (2½ yr old mostly) because I don't want to do any real damage to myself. Okay, talk with you soon, Huggles Rachel
debidoo
on 8/1/05 12:08 pm - lakewood, WA
I have also cleaned out my closet!! I thought I was the only one out there doing that!! Feel like I am nesting all over again. I have started using the kniffty knitter to keep my hands busy. I have been trying out protien shakes and trying out different recipies. I am also talking about my upcoming surgery!!! I have awesome support. My birthday is 3 days prior to surgery, so I have asked for gift cards to the mall. Guess that is how I am keeping busy. Are you trying to have foresight? i am trying to figure out what life will be like after the surgery...i can't even guess what i am going to look like.....very annoying!!
Snoyarc
on 8/1/05 10:16 pm - Wilmington, DE
Im hoping to look similar to what I did before weight gain, but I'm realistic and know that might not happen... I just want to be healthy!!! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 582 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 678 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 886 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 907 views