Approved!

missoulamiss
on 8/8/05 6:29 am - Queens, NY
I just learned that my RNY surgery was approved by UnitedHealthcare! It was sort of by accident...I called to make sure my faxed consent to surgery form had been received, and when the PA checked my file she saw that "this is a covered benefit" has been entered into my records. The PA said the preceptor is out today, but she'll check with her when she gets in later this week. When I asked if I need to check in to make sure, she said "if you want to you can call early next week to check, but I believe this means you're all set." YIKES! Now I'm really scared, but excited too. Guess I'll start to get together my will, health care proxy, etc. I do intend to come through this well, but feel obligated to make sure everything's in place. Did I say YIKES yet? Mary Mc
dkdotz
on 8/8/05 8:45 am - Oceanside, NY
Mary, How wonderful!!! Your profile sounds like you have truly educated yourself..that is wonderful!! And you are already preparing for how you will eat after surgery...that is probably something we should all be doing! It sounds like you are well on your way to a successful lifestyle change...good luck to you!! Smile, Donna
missoulamiss
on 8/8/05 8:41 pm - Queens, NY
Thanks, Donna! I have to admit I've been having a tough time this past week and half...the stress of waiting to hear about approval, I guess, not to mention an insanely busy time at work. No doubt I'm an emotional eater...I know I'll need to find other coping mechanism post-op, and worry I won't. But I see so much hope on this site, that why not for me too? Take care, and thanks for your response! Mary
Snoyarc
on 8/8/05 3:15 pm - Wilmington, DE
Yeah Mary!!! Hope this means I get my approval tomorrow, seems today was a good day for approvals!!! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 561 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 664 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 876 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 900 views