OMG - I THINK I'VE BEEN APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle A.
on 8/13/05 10:52 am - Hawthorne, NY
Hey guys - Just got home (it's Saturday night) and I got a letter from United Health Care stating "We have completed your request for coverage of morbid obesity surgery and are please to inform you that coverage is available." Then it says that all covered charges are subject to screening for allowable charges. The final charge will be determined when the bill is submitted. They also sent a copy of the letter to my surgeon and the hospital. Of course it's Saturday night and I can't call the insurance company. Am I crazy or does this sound like an approval letter? OMG I am sooooo nervous now and I have to wait till Monday. I will never make it through this weekend! Love you all for your kind words and thoughts! I hope this letter means what I think it does! Have a great weekend everyone!
missoulamiss
on 8/13/05 10:56 am - Queens, NY
Hi Michelle - I think that means you (and I) are approved! I had exactly the same wording in my letter - it also included a "payment is not guaranteed" phrase. I posted the 2 paragraphs on the main board and asked for post-ops with UHC to respond...they ALL (8 or 9 of them) said their letters were worded exactly the same way, and that outside of their co-pays, their costs were covered by UHC. I asked my benefits manager to contact my firm's rep to request an actual approval number - that was suggested by one of the replies to my post. Soooo I've decided that's approval! Congrats - and hope this helps. Mary Mc
bttyboop60
on 8/13/05 11:44 am - Southern, CA
Sounds like an approval to me . Congrats and see you on the other side Btty Boop60
Michelle A.
on 8/13/05 12:24 pm - Hawthorne, NY
Thanks so much! I hope we're right!!! Best of luck with your surgery and recovery! Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 582 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 679 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 886 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 908 views