How is everyone doing??

boyzz
on 7/17/07 10:24 pm - Hudson, OH
Pretty quiet here these days, just thought I would say hello and send out good wishes to us Sept. 06 buddies! I am good, although not exercising like I "should" be doing. I was walking but that has slowed since summer started. I intend to start again next week. Surgery 9/26/06 - 333 Today 7/18/07 - 197 Total - 136 pounds loss! Just a miracle! My weight hasnt started with a #1 in about 14 years...feeling really good and so much healthier these days How is everyone else??!! Michelle
PlumpKitty
on 7/19/07 11:57 am - Fredericton, Canada
Hi Michelle Today is my 10 month surgiversary and Im feeling pretty darned good I am down 143 pounds and am 37 pounds away from goal I have lost 25" es off of my waist, 6"es off of my neck and 1.5 shoe sizes too :P I am eating between 800 and 1200 calories a day. I try to do 3 - 5 days each of either 800 1000 or 1200 calories a day to keep my body from settling into a rutt. I generally eat 70 - 90 grams of protein a day depending on activity level. I eat all 4 food groups. I have no trouble eating 1 cup meals most of the time. On occaision I get too full and eat less for a few days. I am hoping to have plastic surgery next spring to get rid of this awful sag I have going on and no other plans except keep on keeping on I hope all are doing great while enjoying their new life HUGS T
Mary Sellers
on 7/20/07 8:32 am - Pace, FL
Terese, Hi my name is Mary and I had Lap RNY Sept 1 2006 and the morning of surgery i was 388lbs and to date am down to 234. I am 5'9 tall so I am in smaller clothes. Which i am very proud of that but I have 54 lbs to go and I will be at my goal of 180 lbs. My question to you is, what do you eat now? I can eat anything I want even sweets but i chose to stay away from that. I don't drink sodas and all i mostly drink is decaff tea with sweet and low. I also drink water to but I have to have something to flavor it. Anyhow i have been stuck on a platuae for a month now and i am trying to get off. Is there anything you can suggest to me. Do you do any meal plans? Have you ever been on a platuae? I so want to get to my goal and I am afraid it has stopped for me. If you don't mind helping me. I would really appreciate it. Mary
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/22/07 4:42 am - Buckley, WA
Mary , You haven't stopped losing weight . Your body is just taking a breather . You've lost a tremendous amount of weight . Measure yourself . I'd be willing to bet that you are losing inches . Plateaus are a normal part of long term dieting . Make sure you get in your required protein , per your doctor . Get in your water . Try some new things . Shake it up a little . Don't cut back too far on calories , as your body will go into starvation mode . I take in between 1000-1200 on average per day . I think some doctors have their pateints cutting back too far & it screws up their matabolism (sp) in my opinion . Good luck . Kathy
boyzz
on 7/22/07 8:44 pm - Hudson, OH
Hi Terese, Mary and Kathy, I agree with Kathy about "shaking things up". I vary what I eat from day to day and also eat between 1000-1200 calories. I think we need to eat more to lose weight. Mary your weight loss is HUGE! A month plateau at this point is fine, more than fine, your body is just adjusting to a large change. Congrats on all our weight loss! Michelle
amber_h
on 7/25/07 11:35 am - Lincoln, IL
If anyone else is like me...I am busy!!! I have re-gained such an awesome gift...my health!! I am busy at the gym at least 5 days a week, plus I walk, jog, and bike. I chase after my kids...and I am loving life. I am kind of doing the plateau thing, but I keep drudging through it. I eat very healthy, I avoid sugar, fried foods, greasy anything, and of course soda. What is cool is that I do not miss these things. I feel great! I take my vitamins daily and I continue to drink a shake for breakfast. I was 383 and now I am 233. So far, 150lbs. I would love to lose another 50, but I know it's going to be harder now...but, I am ready for the challenge.
Cassie W.
on 7/27/07 9:18 am
It's been just over 10 months since my surgery and I'm just 7 pounds from my goal weight of 125 pounds. I took up running in March and have competed in two 5K runs, a 10K, and a 15K. Now, I'm training for a half marathon in September. It's truly amazing to have my life back and so much fun to shop for clothes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 586 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 758 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1099 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1153 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 717 views