What are u doing for excercise????????

HockeyMom15
on 11/27/07 2:14 am - Northglenn, CO
Have u found u enjoy it more or less now??? I started running about 6 weeks ago and was stuned to find I LOVE IT!!!! I was always of the mind set I only run when chased but now I find I love the challange of it. I ran today for 1hour and 20 min with 2 girls from work and we had a great time. Now mind while neither of them r in marathon shape they both have run a few in the past. So r any of u doing things u never thought possible??????? Lets hear from ya. Amy
kelly H.
on 12/11/07 11:51 am - Beaverton, MI
Hi Amy! I started running last week. Haven't really done much since due to a cold, but I did feel wonderful that I could run a WHOLE mile and not stop. I have always wanted to be a runner and was always too big. Can't wait to make it a habit. Kelly
Cassie W.
on 12/26/07 10:44 am
Amy, you've made amazing progress in 6 weeks! The feeling of exhilaration after getting out there to run can't be beat. It's so addicting. I started running in March to prepare for a local 15K race. Even before I crossed the finish line, I was already registered for a half marathon and toying with the idea of running a full. I finished the Philadelphia marathon Nov. 18th and plan on running two marathons and several smaller races in 2008. Like you, I've found people to run with which really makes all the difference. Congratulations on finding an activity to keep you moving and motivated! Cassie
Not Penny's Boat
on 12/29/07 3:30 pm - 5K From Everywhere, MN
Count me in as someone who discovered running - though at this point I'm still more of a jogger - I'm still on my way to goal. But I've done 4 5K races at this point, and the running has definitely re-shaped my body. I wasn't capable of even walking more than from car to desk before surgery, so I'm definitely appreciating what the weight loss has brought me - next week I start training for my plan to finish a sprint-distance triathlon in July.
amber_h
on 1/8/08 8:28 am - Lincoln, IL
Oh my gosh yes!!! I picked up running about 3 months ago...I NEVER ran, I mean NEVER even thought about running. I love it now...it is so freeing!!! I have taken on so many challenges post-op that I never would have before. I have regained my life, or started it for the first time really!
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 586 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 758 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1099 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1153 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 717 views