Recent Posts

piggyangel
on 10/25/15 4:04 pm - CO
Topic: RE: It's been 9 years yall!

Hello Jennifer,

I am in the same boat as you. I had my RNY in Sept of 2006 and hit my goal weight of 124 from 258. I have an entire closet of beautiful clothes I can not wear and it just ****** me off that I did this to myself. No one but me. I could have stopped this when I was just 30lbs over weight, but I quit smoking and taking care of what I ate and exercise fell away. I felt like I had blown my pouch way out of proportion and could never get back on track. I was so depressed trying diet pills, laxatives and just not eating until I was starving and then ate anything. I never considered getting back on track by weighting my food, stopping soda, exercising and getting out my book from my surgeon (which I still have). I decided that what I needed was a revision to the original surgery and called a bariatric surgeon and have an apt on 11-13. I was all set, then I found this tool on the internet that I used to see if my pouch had stretch.

the cottage cheese test:

get a container of low-fat cottage cheese & 2 cups of water-

in the morning before you eat or drink anything-

eat the cottage cheese as fast as you can

, when you are full,

pour the water into the cottage cheese container until the water is at the same level the cottage cheese was when you opened the container-the amount of water you poured of the 2 cups is the size of your pouch! waa laa!)

I did the test 3wks ago when I was at 191. I found out my pouch is 1 cup still. right then and there I decided I would take a month to see if I could loose any weight. I started measuring my food and started going back to the gym. I have lost so far 11pds. I am keeping the apt with the surgeon because I have too hernias that need repair but I am hoping a revision is not needed.

Good Luck,

you can contact me if you need to

PiggyAngel

jenn_in_ky
on 9/24/15 6:46 am - Somerset, KY
Topic: It's been 9 years yall!

Just wondering if I'm the only one that comes back to this forum a lot just looking to see if there's been any activity =)

I personally have gained back 73 lbs & feel worse than I did before surgery.  BUT, Ive started having heart issues & I know this weight is not helping.  I'm ready to take back control of myself & not let food control me anymore.

I'm really looking for advise (that we all know...guess I just want reassurance) has anyone gained after surgery & then lost ?

Thanks for any advise or comments!!

~Jennifer 

Jessica H.
on 6/5/09 11:42 pm - Johnson City, TN
Topic: RE: food
Funny, after this post, I eliminated some stress from my life (or maybe took on more in the process?) and lost 10 pounds.  I'm back below goal at 166.  I hate that I eat when I'm stressed out.  But Jenn, we do still have a tool to use and it won't fail ;)

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

jenn_in_ky
on 5/21/09 11:48 pm - Somerset, KY
Topic: RE: food
Lordy have mercy, Im eating way more now n days too.  Ive gotta start measuring again just to get a handle on it.  Ive actually gained 30lbs since hitting "somewhat close to goal..due to got prego" I could blame it on baby fat (HAHA) but my lil one is 14months sooooo we all know thats not the case.
BUT today I got up, worked out ....workin on my water =) IM GONNA GET back on track!!
I miss this board!! Hope everybodys well!!!

Jessica H.
on 5/11/09 2:09 am - Johnson City, TN
Topic: food
At almost three years out, how much food can the rest of you eat in one sitting?

I admit, I quit measuring my food eons ago and just eat until I'm full.  Bad decision.

Anyway, I just finished eating lunch and I feel that I shouldn't be able to eat as much as I did.  I had roughly, 3/4 of a grilled cheesh sandwich and a small bowl of chicken noodle soup (about 4.5 ounces).  I'm full, but not uncomfortably so.  Was that too much?

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

adelpha23marke
on 1/11/09 9:24 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Topic: RE: Weight gain???
No you just need to get back on track. Usually when i go back to the old ways. I will stop myself and start again the next day i get my old books out that my surgeon and dietician gave me and i start my diet again and i have started walking as much as possible. I sometimes forget that i need to put me me me me first and take care of me...I forget that alot taking care of a family...

Jenn J

adelpha23marke
on 1/11/09 9:06 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Topic: RE: Cold Hands and Feet
I have had the same problem since my surgery,, i try to get out and start moving it helps alot..

Jenn J

adelpha23marke
on 1/11/09 9:05 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Topic: RE: Having a hard time
I started the gym this week and i enjoy it. I have gained about 18 pounds back but it scares me so i am going to the gym and getting back on my diet. The one thing to remember is we can do this.. we did it once.. So all we need to do is get back to the same diet we had before it didnt kills us..It made us better...

Jenn J

Cassie W.
on 12/17/08 10:10 am
When we slip back into old habits, the best thing to do is get back to basics to regain control:
- Restock your refrigerator and pantry with good choices to minimize temptation.
- Eat protein first, at every meal, to help you feel full.  Limit carbs, choosing fruits, vegetables and whole grains. 
- For a week, measure all your foods and write them down so you can grt a clear picture of where you're struggling.
- If you're not exercising, find something you enjoy doing and make it a priority.
- Make sure you're still drinking plenty of water, just not with your meals.

Every time I need to renew my commitment, I find I'm not eating enough protein.  I carry my "before" picture in my wallet right next to my license, so every day I'm reminded of what this surgery has done for me.

You can make your tool work for you again.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Brenda T.
on 12/15/08 9:08 am - MA
If you need help reach out.. see your doc... Pm me if you want to talk

Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 586 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 758 views