Happy 2 Year Re-Birthday!

blueeyedkate04
on 10/5/05 11:37 pm - Gaylord, MI
Hi friends!! I can hardly believe it has been 2 years already!! What a ride it has been!! Let's check-in and celebrate our birthday together! You've all been a gift to me through this journey!! I'm holding tight at goal where I've been for about a year now. My tummy tuck was done last November. I started out at 313, size 26/28; and am now 143, size 4/6 (5' 8"). With the exception of always being cold, I feel fantastic!! I sometimes forget that I haven't been this size all my life, and then at other times still revel in the fact that I am this small. Last night we discovered that my 14 year old daughter has grown into my size 5 jeans.....the night before surgery I remember her saying "maybe we'll be the same size someday" and I told her I doubted that would ever happen...but it has!!! What an amazing journey this has been!! God bless all of you. Our journey has not ended...in many ways it has only begun, really. We're now to the testing point to see if we have made the lifetime changes in order to refrain from gaining. Good luck friends, and know that I'll support you if you struggle! Kathy
ballou78
on 10/7/05 6:24 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
Hello all October 2003 friends. It is hard to believe that it has been 2 years. I had my surgery on October 23, 2003 and have lost about 80 pounds, going from 270ish to 185 at my lowest. I have been fluctuating between 185 and 193 for the last 6 months. Sometimes I eat a whole lot of food and I get up to 193, I then catch myself and manage to get down into the 180's again. I try not to stress about the weight. I am wearing a size 14 most of the time with Large tops (a am really busty so less than a Large is usually not an option). That is down from size 24/26 pants before and 3x tops. I feel good most of the time, except for being tired a lot (probably more to do with running behind a 9 year old at the old age of 45 than the surgery). The only complication I have had is a problem with potassium and I have to take an extra supplement every day that my internist prescribed. Otherwise I am generally happy with where I am. Question, does anyone find themselves able to eat lots of food? Some days it seems like I did not have the surgery. However, I know that I have had it because certain foods still make me sick and on some days I can only eat small amounts of food. The worse thing is the "head hunger" which hits me all the time and makes me want to eat, eat, eat. All in all, things are good and I want to wish all my October 2003 soulmates the best. I have never for one day regretted having the surgery (Roux-N-Y by laproscopic surgery). While I don't go around advocating it for anyone (it is truly a private decision), I know it was the absolute right decision for me. I hope that most, if not all, of you feel the same. PS - Though I am still considered "obese" by the BMI chart, I am very happy with the way I look and if I lost too more weight I think I would look old and drawn. I am saying this to say that we should remember that no matter what the scales ultimately say, if you are happy with the "new you" that is all that counts!! Take care and I will check in again soon.
DebbieDanner
on 10/8/05 6:53 am - bakersfield, ca
Hey all you 2 year grads,It is me Debbie Danner And Doing ok so far. kathy you still getting cold too I see me too now and then.I have been doing good so far but I have put back on 13 pounds of it back but still trying to get it off at curves.I am now on a vegetarian diet, so hopefully it will come off.I just hit 52 on the 28th of september.funny I don't feel that old.So i have been struggling a little bit but I need to watch myself.It has been amazing journey that is for sure I never thought I would see myself looking so well and healthy.Love to all
psj
on 10/9/05 2:47 pm - Moran, MI
Kathy you still look great. I can hardly believe it has been 2 years. I am still doing pretty good. I have my ups & downs. I still see the fat me all the time. I wish that would go away. I am so afraid it will be me again some day. I have gained back about 14 pounds, but am not sure that is accurate since I have a nice little fluid pouch from my TT. Another reason I don't think it is accurate is that it all came at one time & there is no way that I have ate that much food. I will find out on Wednesday when I have my check up. He should be able to tell me if it is back. I too can eat most everything. I do have days when I can eat very little & days when I think I never had the surgery and of course those are the days that I get terrified. I too am cold all the time. The only thing that I have problems with from the surgery is my B12 levels seem to stay low. I am on injections once a month & that seems to help. Hope eveyone is doing well. HAPPY RE-BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE. Peggy p.s. I went from 326 - 170 and am at 184 today. Size 32/34 and am now in size 12 in everything but jeans and they are usually 16.
SlimGoody
on 10/9/05 10:07 pm - streetsboro, OH
Hi ALL Happy 2 Year Anniversary!!!!!! Sometimes I can't believe that it has been 2 years I started aout at 312 now I bounce between 160-167...I have not had any plastic surgery they wouldn't approve it so I've just been at the gym like crazy trying to tone up.....It's funny I never exercised alot to lose the weight but now I find myself exercising at least 3 times per week because I can eat more now so I try to burn off the extra calories Rikka
Shawn S.
on 10/12/05 4:20 am - Kingsley, MI
Hello everyone and HAPPY REBIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two years on our new lives and MAn do I feel GOOD!!!!! All time High of 525 day of surgery 398 and today 187 I went from a 6xlt shirt to a small or med shirt and a pre waist size of 64 now I wear a 30. I had a belt lectomey(SP) in Nov last year and that really made me feel even better about myself. If they could only get rid of stretch marks!!!!! I hope to some day get my legs done but that will be after I hit the Lotto!I really am happy to have a new chance on life and realize that I should have done this earlier, but I glad to have that second chance. I'm starting a new career and things are just as positive as they could be!!!! Happy REBIRTHDAY! Shawn
Kathy J.
on 10/16/05 12:44 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
Greetings everyone! My re-birthday was 10/16/2003--two whole years ago. It does not seem possible. I'm 47 (will be 48 in November) and I figure that I am at a weight that I last saw (very briefly) when I was about 13...so I really don't know who I am. I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself...see myself in photos and while I know it is me, I don't recognize myself...and have even had many people who know me well (my father included) not recognize me! I started my journey at about 280 pounds and am now in the 140's. (I can't state my weight because I don't own a scale so only know what my weight is after a doctor visit.) I started my journey because I was a diabetic and did not want to follow in my mother's or my brother's footsteps. The BEST news I have received during my journey...I am no longer considered a diabetic. I'm down to taking only two medications...from about seven. I did have an extended abdominoplasty 6 months ago (along with major hernia repair) and am hoping to have my thighs and arms done along with a breast lift...but we'll have to see what the bank account will allow. I was able to spend the entire day shopping yesterday for clothes...we opened and closed the mall! I would have never been able to do that before this surgery. While I am frequently overwhelmed when I go clothes shopping due to the large selection I am loving every minute of it. Congratulations to every one of you, my fellow birth mates. We are entering what appears to be a stage when we have to be concerned about gaining and falling back into old habits...may we each have the strength and the ability to remember what motivated us to start this journey. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics