what are you all eatting now?

Janet H.
on 6/24/08 5:55 am - Golden Valley, AZ
So now that we are 8 months out what are you all eatting? for me I have not had any problems at all with any foods. the only thing I have not tried yet was hotdog, I don't really like them anyway, I stay away from sweets all together, but fried food don't give me any problems. I wish they did but so far I have no food problems, I think I am eatting too much that is why I am not losing much now, Oh maybe it is the carbs, I don't know Breakfast... 1 egg with 1/2 slice cheese 1/2 slice toast Lunch........1/4 cup peaches with 3/4 cup cottage cheese .........1/2 cup pretzels}not at the same time as the ice cream .........2 SF fudge bars}not at the same time tonight we are having taco and refried beans. I do try to get in 80 to 100 grams of protien drinks in a day, So now what are you all eatting, Janet
suz1015
on 6/24/08 10:56 pm
Hi, I am tolerating foods well too. I don't have any sugar and I don't eat anything fried. I handle carbs just fine in small amounts. Sometimes I worry I am consuming too many at times - which probably means I am so I step back when I am going for them, and think where they fit in to my meal plan. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. An example of a typical day for me would be: cup of coffee in the morning protein shake for breakfast (made with yougurt and fruit) water lunch varies -1/2 sandwich and some fruit, or cottage cheese with fruit and walnuts orange for a snack more water supper varies - 30z meat, with veggies or salad more water sometimes another piece of fruit for a snack Hope that helps. It was helpful for me to see what someone else is consuming at this point. I will be interested to see other postings. Suz
Janet H.
on 6/25/08 12:39 am - Golden Valley, AZ
Thank you for your response it does help to see what other's are eatting too, Janet
lizzybear
on 6/26/08 2:23 am - Olympia, WA
Very helpful!!! My nut just told me last week to start upping my intake and I have been wondering what kinds of meal items to have. Your typical day looks terrific and very doable for me. My typical day starting this week has been: breakfast - Activia yogurt with 1 oz. sliced almonds or a scrambled egg on a slice of light whole grain toast snack - string cheese lunch - 2-3 oz. meat (chicken, steak, pork) with 1/4 cup steamed veggies or 1/2 cup salad greens snack - 1/2 cup cottage cheese or a protein drink made with fat-free milk dinner - same as lunch except the meat is usually halibut, cod or sea bass 2-3 times per week (for some reason can't do fish at lunch time, but works great at dinner time!)
cat59
on 7/16/08 1:28 am - Reydon, OK
I can't eat hb patties or marbled steaks because I dump on fats. So I do turkey hb patties and only filet mignon for steaks. Ground beef is no problem. I eat a lot of Mexican food and salads of every kind. I've replaced the iceberg lettuce with spinach for better nutritional value. My doc doesn't count calories. He says weight loss can occur without ever counting a calorie if we stick with our diets. Typical day: Breakfast: Protein bar or shake Lunch: chicken something or salad. Sometimes a little bit of Blue Bunny SF reduced fat ice cream or Schwan's low carb low sugar Dinner: Mexican, usually or chicken. I'm experimenting with a lot of new recipes these days and adapting old favorites to fit the new eating style. We eat a lot of Fiesta Beans, a recipe I got from MSN healthy eating: 1 can FF refried beans 1 can Ranch Style or Pinto beans, drained 1/2 c salsa (I use Pace picante) 1/2 c to a 1c of shredded cheese. Mix together in pan until smooth. Pour into pan and top with cheese to taste. Bake at 350 till cheese is melted. For a 9x13 pan, double the recipe. My son says this is better than any other beans he's ever tasted.
mscodediva
on 7/26/08 12:46 am - rowlett, TX
I tolerate most things well except \high carbs and anything with too much fat. I still will majorly dump if I get beside myself and consume those. I also have a huge issue drinking cold water. It always makes me super sick. I wish I could say I was following instructions, but I'm terrible. Somedays I feel like I eat a lot (no where near as much as before) and somedays barely anything. I really have to get refocused on drinking or eating at least one protein supplement per day and taking a vitamin. Perhaps if I start doing it in the morning I can get more consistement
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 866 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 872 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1489 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1005 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1063 views