Just started Pre-op Diet and I am starving to death!!!

Kathi C.
on 10/20/08 10:28 pm - Pompano Beach, FL
Thank you, I am doing much better.  I will pray for you.

God Bless,

Kathi
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13 OH Christian Forum
Heaviest 264/Initial Consult 252.2/Surgery Date 225/Current 146.7/Goal 138    

I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN (Copied from someone else)
                     http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/christianity/
e2f31bc7ce4b450630c39d40bc38869f.gif Me-Before and During image by KathiBear    ohwttlb_01.jpg Welcome-Losers Bench image by KathiBear
890468azs8hcyy05.gif Life Change image by KathiBear LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg LW Century image by KathiBear

Sheila G.
on 10/21/08 5:21 pm - TX
I am on day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet.  My Dr's office said nothing but protein drinks and a snack which is isopure protein drink.  I called the Dr's office to see if I could have anything like SF Popsicles, the answer was no.  No food, just the protein drinks.  URRGGHH!  I am so ready to be done with the surgery and on my way to NO MEDS for my diabetes.  Surgery is Monday 10-27-08 and it can not come soon enough!

Good luck everyone and prayers to all for successful surgery's!

wrighton
on 10/23/08 1:34 am - Ft. Mitchell, KY
Hello.  I have been lurking around for a while and just realized there are threads of people awaiting their surgery dates.  Mine is Monday.  I started my pre op diet yesterday.  Mostly liquids, 2 protein drinks a day plus cream of wheat, milk, yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, and sf jello and popsicles AND all the clear liquids you can drink!  No sugar of course.  So far I have been pretty full.   At least I have a variety of things to turn to.  Today they are having a pot luck lunch at work and there is food everywhere!  The barbeque is killing me!  Go**** smells awesome!  BUT--I have better things in mind!  A new life!  So I'll just sit here and chew on my jello and think of skinnier days.  Good luck to all of you.  I will pray for each of you! 
auntie_m
on 10/23/08 3:51 pm - OR
Hi!  I am required to do 3 weeks liquid proteins...only 3 days left.  Surgery on Monday 27th.  2-4 ounces every 2-4 hours.  I had a hard time sticking to it the first week, however, the second week went better and this week is just boring.  After surgury, I have to do 4 weeks of liquids before starting on softies. I think this has really been a struggle in self-control and plus I'm afraid if I don't follow instructions...something may go wrong.  I am so looking forward to Monday to start the next step.  Band-time is 12.00.  Keep posting so I can keep in touch.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjkEJpe/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjkEJpe/weight.png[/img]
[/url]       
Farmgirl58
on 10/24/08 3:08 am - AL
:Hello all my friends, or hope to be new friends and support group....My name is Sheila B, most folks at work call me Ms. B....I am just in the initial stages of possibly getting the lap band, had my first appt. yesteday with the surgeon, left the office sort of feeling let down, as he told me he didn't think I was quite ready for such a surgery, his reasoning was I was consumed with feeling like I was going to starve to death with having the procedure done...I tried to assure him that I just had a lot of questions, anyway, he did send me on to see the nurse, we had a good talk, have more paper work and other medical diagnosis to get from other doctors, plus my insurance wants me to have a psych eval along with a nutrisionist eval...so today will get on the stick and get this going.  Yes, I am a little weary about the lap band, asked him one question which he did not have an answer, that question being what happens in 30yrs with the band still in tact?  I am 57, and in thirty years will be 87?  He said the lap band has only been around 18yrs so there are no reports on the long long term.   I guess I just need to take one day at a time, and not worry about something I have no control over in the long long term....I just want to be healthy again, I want to do this for me, not for anyone else.
I am getting negative jabs from my girlfriend, and mother.  My mom had gastric bypass 10yrs ago, and never has followed what the doctor told her, plus there were no support groups, which I doubt she would have gone to...me I will do what ever necessary to succeed. My girlfriend is afraid I will be successful and look great, she weighs about 50 to 60 lbs more than I do and is in denial that she can loose 150lbs by herself...I do support her and wish her well.  Anyway, I have ranted on long enough, I am very pleased to have found this site, and hope to get support from everyone who has had this surgery done.  Let me hear from you. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1297 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1258 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 923 views