How much are you all eating this far out?

jrysgirl
on 7/14/10 4:23 pm - Amarillo, TX
How much are you all eating this far out? And...WHAT are you eating? I have moved to a stressful job on the midnight shift and find myself struggling with that "snack demon".
Just wondering how and what everyone else is doing.

Jody ***
on 7/20/10 9:59 pm, edited 7/20/10 10:04 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Wellll... I don't measure my food anymore, and know I should, BUT - I believe I can easily eat 5-7 oz of dense protein and a veggie. 

I know my pouch has "matured" and I believe, at this stage, it is about 6-8oz.  I just read a blog from Pam T that explained how the pouch "matures" - doesn't 'stretch'.  Very interesting...

Anyway - I am a grazer and it isn't helping me 1 bit!  I don't test myself with sugars, they never were an issue with me - but carbs are my demon food of bad carb choice...

I typically snack at night after I get home from work - during the day I do well with my preplanned meals - but at nigh****ch out!  Especially if I indulge in an adult beverage or 2, it seems my "common sense" goes out the window with it.

So - I don't let myself drink during the week anymore - empty calories and mindless eating... 

Here's the link to her blog about our pouch:  http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2008/09/understanding-pouch.h tml

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

jrysgirl
on 7/20/10 10:05 pm - Amarillo, TX
Hey Jody! Thanks for replying!
I do the same thing with grazing but, I graze at work. I've move into a very high-stress job (which I LOVE) but I am an emotional eater. When I get stressed, first thing I want to do i**** that vending machine. Like you, I am not doing myself any favors.
When I am at home, I don't even think about eating. I believe that's just as bad. I'll go back to work after 2 days off and realize that I ate once the whole time. That's not good.
Everyone keeps telling me to eat but, 40 yrs of hearing them tell me NOT to eat is just burned into me. Still very confusing.
Take care,
Cynda

Tangerine4
on 8/13/10 1:08 am - Rochester, NY
Hi Jody,
Not to change the subject, but I was looking at your signature and I am almost 2 years out, my surgery was October 17th of 2008.  We are pretty well matched as far as stats go.  I am 5' 1" and my presurgery weight ws 236 and now I weigh 121. My question is in relation to your tummy tuck.  I work out at the gym 3 days a week and still cannot get my lower abdomen to go down.  i had four c-sections and my lowest babies birth weight was 8 lbs 2 ozs...the others were over 10 lbs and being so short that was a lot of streched skin. 

How did you go about getting it done, about how much did it cost and are you happy with the results?  I really need to have that done.  Also I am very disappointed with what is left with my breasts also.  After always having a D cup and breastfeeding 4 hungry babies I now am lucky if i'm an A cup and they are saggier than I ever imagined.  I just can't justify putting all the money into plastics if the results aren't worth it.  Also how bad was the post op pain on the tummy tuck?

Thanks so much and sorry if I rambled!  i know my two year appointment is going to  include a consult with a plastic surgeon as he works hand in hand with the bariatric surgeon where I had my surgery done but I'm nervous to see him.

Thanks again,
Jennifer
Jennifer Louise
236/112/goal 125
Jody ***
on 10/9/10 1:28 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Jennifer - I'm so sorry I didn't see your post earlier...

I'm very happy with my TT.  My insurance (BCBS) covered the panni removal and I upgraded to a full TT with muscle tightening.  My cost for upgrading was $1000.  But I've seen people post on the PS page that their surgeons want upwards to $5k for the "upgrade" - which I think is ridiculous...

Scars don't heal well on me and I'm going to have to have a revision on the scar above my belly button.  Way it goes I suppose....  I have a follow up appt on Wed. 

My bewbies are very sad... But I still wear a D cup to fit all the extra skin in... so they look bigger than they really are!! But - if I could only choose 1 thing to have fixed right now?  It would be my thighs.  I had nice skinny thighs after I lost weight and my weight has "redistributed" and has deposited back into my thighs.  I'm going to talk to the surgeon about that too when I go for my follow up appt.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1291 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1252 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 914 views