Recent Posts

K. kgbb
on 3/3/16 3:44 am
Topic: 6 1/2 years out and gained 20 lbs and STALLED. Can't get the scale to budge!

I've gained 20 lbs in the last 5 months and have gone back to protein shakes and eating high protein foods.  No carbs except from bananas and healthy foods and STILL am not losing!  

I've never had to watch what I eat like this, I'd just cut out carbs and it would drop back down but this time it's just hanging on and not budging.

I'm SO depressed and frustrated by it and it's causing me really bad anxiety because the scale isn't moving and I do NOT want to stay at this weight.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the scale moving again???

brian w.
on 11/17/13 9:53 pm - baltimore, MD
Topic: Passed my 4 tear mark!

Hello everyone,

Its been 4 short years since my surgery! I am in perfect health, everything that I was battling is better, and I haven't felt better! For anyone who is considering this journey or anyone who is about to begin, you will be in such a better place on the other side. It wont be easy, but you will feel very accomplished and happier and healthier for it! good luck out there!

Brian

Barbi M.
on 3/2/12 1:32 pm - Maplewood, NJ
Topic: RE: Old habits die hard
I had RNY October 2009.  I initially lost 106 lbs and didn't reach my goal.  I stalled, and hit a plateau and never really lost any more.  Now I have gained 12lbs and feel awful.  I had  stopped eating all sugars but have introduced them back into my diet, without dumping so I have begun having cravings again.  I still can't eat large amounts of food, but I have been eating the wrong things.  I am on the road as I am an actor in a touring company, and bad food choices are frequent.  I try to work out 30 min a day, but not every day.  I saw your post and agree that it's time to be accountable, and get back on track.  Thanks for posting this thought and helping me get my rear in gear as they say. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 10:21 pm
Topic: Old habits die hard
 Hi everyone! I am new to this site, but am hoping being on here will give me the boost I need to lose my last few pounds! I had my surgery (Realize band) in October of 2009. I have been doing great until the last year or so. I am more active then ever, working out on a daily basis and triathlon training, but my eating habits are terrible! I keep telling myself it's just food and I don't need it, but if it was that easy I wouldn't been in this boat to start out with! I have heard that this is common for people who are a couple years out from their surgery...anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on getting past it? 
Barbi M.
on 2/5/12 9:21 pm - Maplewood, NJ
Topic: RE: Anyone else stalled?
 I feel your pain.  I have gained 12lbs which I think is the dreaded 10% gain so talked about.  I have to get back to basics myself.  I have been on a National tour of a musical and eating is a challenge but I have recently started my proteins again and exercise so hoping it will begin to move soon.
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 7:58 pm
 I am new to this site, but am here for exactly this reason. This summer I was three pounds from my goal weight, and since the holidays I am now 18 pounds off (sad I know). I am having a really hard time staying on track with my eating. 
HD Mama
on 1/12/11 1:20 am
I have...but I blame my poor choices and lack of exercise around the holidays - plus I'm only 7 pounds from goal, so it's going to take a LOT more work to get it off I'm sure.
Barbi M.
on 12/14/10 4:54 am - Maplewood, NJ
Topic: Anyone else stalled?
Just haven't seen any posts from this forum recently.  I have stalled and just was putting it out there to see if any October 2009'rs are in the same boat as I am. 

devoneberhardt
on 10/29/10 2:07 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: RE: How much have you lost since surgery????
Well my new weight is 190.1, I am 5 lbs above my original goal, but 10 lbs below my final goal... Yay Me.  Everyone is doing great. Here are some pics of me before and after....

1 month out and down           1 Year out and down
         40 lbs.                         170 lbs.

My new life started on October 23, 2009 !!!!!!

Virgene C.
on 10/28/10 10:51 am
Topic: RE: How much have you lost since surgery????

Surgery date 10/13/09 started at 295 now at 161.9...lost 133.1 lbs.  So happy...feeling wonderful.

Most Active
Recent Topics