Hello My Sleeve was 10/26/10

jadra04
on 10/31/10 3:25 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 10/26/10 with
I am currently 5 days post-op. I am doing well. Just in the stages of getting tired of the same old protein shake and drink. I do not like the sugar free drinks so I just am on water. I found that I am having trouble tolerating cold water though, which makes me sad as I have always LOVED ice water. Is this normal?
k0dabear
on 11/1/10 6:00 am - Benton Harbor, MI
Hi! i dont know about the water! but i did want to say Hi we had surgery the same day! i have some good shake recipes if that helps!!  Jen
jadra04
on 11/1/10 8:21 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 10/26/10 with
Jen,

Awesome, how are you doing? I went for my week out check today and I am already down 18lbs. I am so excited. I would love some good recipes if you have them.

Michelle
elklutts
on 12/7/10 2:08 am - LA
I would appreciate it if you could send me your shake recipes.  I am having a hard time trying to get enough protein.  Thanks
Merrilee
on 11/4/10 2:38 am
HI!
Glad to hear that you are doing well. I too never cared for sugar free drinks and loved iced water, but had a rough time tolerating it. It just tasted like metal to me initially. To get  my fluids in, I drank and continue to drink warm tea. Now cold water isn't as bad, but when I am having an issue tolerating it...I usually squeeze a lemon wedge into it and a half packet of splenda. Hope it works for you.
Best of luck,
Merrilee
P.S. There are tons of different protein shake recipes on this forum, so you might want to try some of them....

mtanenbaum
on 11/9/10 8:45 am - Claremont, CA
 Hi, I was sleeved on 10/29/10--have you tried warm chicken broth?  For me that goes down easiest.  I think a lot of sleeve patients have a hard time with very cold stuff at first.
Margo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Failed again
Norma 1010 · 0 replies · 931 views
Anyone here anymore?
Heather Lundquist · 3 replies · 1039 views
Cravings
peaceandlove · 1 replies · 776 views