Recent Posts

Linds_littleblackdress
on 12/23/14 10:05 pm - calgary, Canada
Topic: RE: Hey Oct 2010 WLS people!

Good to hear!!!

i don't regret mine either! I had had some regain, roughly 25lbs of regain but still down 100. I hear you on the eating right before bed and the acid reflux!! That is the worst feeling in the world waking up gagging on acid you inhaled. I'm permanently on Prevacid, use to down 2-4 Zantac 150mg for the longest time and then my Dr suggested Prevacid and it's been so amazing not feeling heartburn ever (except the reflux in the middle of the night)

i find ins my restriction comes and goes depending what I'm eating. It's its whole foods and protein I can feel it but if it's crap like chips I feel like I can eat infinity.

I know it's all food intake for me, I exercise 5 times a week usually so I know I need to make changes in my diet. Thinking of doing paleo since it's pretty close to the post surgery diet just with no dairy.

keep up the good work!! We can beat this horrible disease!!

WhatTheGut
on 12/23/14 4:48 pm - Dallas, TX
Topic: RE: Hey Oct 2010 WLS people!

No major issues here. I still have restriction (feeling full quickly) though not as much as I would like. I can tolerate just about anything food-wise though milk, pasta, bread, and rice still make me uncomfortable. Have regained about 30% from my lowest point, so coming back here to get re-focused. I know it is because I snack too often and don't exercise. Peanut butter and cheeses seem to be my biggest problem foods, because they go down so easily and are high-calorie. I also seem to be running low on Vit. D each time I get a panel done, and still have to supplement with that. Can have pretty bad reflux and wake up gagging on acid if I eat close to bedtime, but I am careful not to do that, so it is pretty rare. Still glad to have had the surgery, even with the regain.

high:324 bmi:47.8 || vsg 10.28.10: 291 (-33)

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.? - John Wayne  
Linds_littleblackdress
on 6/9/14 2:40 pm - calgary, Canada
Topic: Hey Oct 2010 WLS people!

How is everyone doing now that we are nearly 4 years post op? any issues?

hw 296 pow 286 sw 265    height 5'5   Lowest weight after surgery 159 current weight 181

Norma 1010
on 6/23/12 12:38 pm - Pflugerville, TX
Topic: Failed again
I had lapband surgery on 10/15/10. Have lost 60 lbs and 50 of the lbs I lost in the first 4 mos and only 10 lb wt loss in over a year. I feel like such a failure. How do I get back on track??? I've tried so, so many times and just can't do it. Seems like I just can't get a right adjustment. I'm either too tight and can't eat or eat too much. I last saw my surgeon in Feb and he gave me a fill. I've had difficulty eating due to frequent stuck episodes, so I eat the bad stuff.  I had an appt with my surgeon in last month, but cancelled it because I was so ashamed to go in and not of lost any weight.  When I first saw my surgeon he recommended gastric bypass over the lapband because of how much weight I had to lose, but I was convinced that the lapband was going to work for me and I was going to show him that I could do it. Well I was wrong.  Does anyone know what the criteria is for a revision?

Norma

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

Nita G.
on 8/22/11 8:21 am
Topic: RE: Anyone here anymore?
 I just discovered Healthy Choice Fudge bars (frozen). OMG, they are so good! and 5 grams of fiber! It's so hard to get fiber in with our limited carbs. I went off the cholesterol meds after surgery, but my labs show I'm borderline high. How the heck am I supposed to fix this with healthy eating, when I've gotta get protein in? Have you all discovered thrift stores? They have great clothes that actually fit me! And so inexpensive! It's my new addiction.
Nita

48 pounds lost prior to surgery

Nancy H.
on 8/20/11 1:41 pm
I hqad surgery on Oct 6 2010. Thursday my doc told me my BMI was normal. I am no longer considered overweight. YEAHHH! I am finding that when I can't think of anything but food I usually need protein. It is hard though. Especially when stressed as a bag of something salty was always what I went to. I'm trying to learn to crochet as I can't eat at the same time. I DO NOT want to ever put this back on. We can do this!!

coconuts
on 8/16/11 5:06 pm - Antioch, CA
i know i think we are all off enjoying our new selves.  i started at 285 and i'm now 140!  still battleing this dam head hunger.  if anyone cks in.  i'd love to hear any advise you have to dealing with the wanting to eat, but not hunger and making self sick if i do eat.  errrrr.  i have no control, what's wrong with me.
Heather Lundquist
on 8/9/11 8:47 pm - Hamburg, NY
Topic: Anyone here anymore?
9 months later and this section of the forum is dead

I'm doing good. Down 95# and another 45# to go to make my surgeon and his assistants, happy

Hope you are all doing well and write back soon!!!

Heather Lundquist
on 4/28/11 5:09 am - Hamburg, NY
Topic: Happy 6 month Surgiversary all!
Yesterday I hit my 6 month surgiversary and I'm down 86#! I am so thrilled and hope to be down 100# by the time my in-laws from Sweden visit in July! ;-) Working on it!!!

How are you all doing???

God bless!
Heather

Corrine_7
on 1/11/11 8:17 am - Pomona, CA
Topic: RE: Cravings
Hello,

I had the surgery a week before you. I started therapy during the process because I started having anxiety attack just thinking about this process.

It has really helped me to deal with my stress. though things are not how they were for me I am ajusting.

Corrine_7

Corrine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Failed again
Norma 1010 · 0 replies · 931 views
Anyone here anymore?
Heather Lundquist · 3 replies · 1039 views
Cravings
peaceandlove · 1 replies · 776 views