I'm new need some encouragement date is 10/26/11

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 3:07 am

Hello,

My name is Rosi and I am new to this site. I was referred by my Dr. and a couple of friends who said this would be helpful in my journey with WLS. I am scheduled for surgery next Wednesday and am getting the Duodenal Switch. I am a little nervous but more scared....scared that this won't work. You  see I had Lap Band back in 2004 and I lost about 52 lbs and then gained it back plus 35 more. It didnt work for me or should I say i didnt work with it. I am 34 years old divorced mother and I have 3 children. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. If anyone wants to share their experience struggles, successes, with me I would love to listen. I am hopeful this this will work and I pray everyday that God gives me the strengh to succeed at this. I have big plans after this. I want to play soccer again, go back to school, feel good about myself!

Libby0218
on 10/20/11 6:33 am - TX
Hi Rosi,
We have several things in common. I'm scheduled for gastric bypass on Monday. I had the Lap Band in 2006 and lost about 47 pounds but gained it right back. I'm really frustrated with the band, the level of throwing up and lack of success.

Like you I am concerned: will this work, will I finally be successful.

I have a great determination to make this work and plan on working really hard and staying connected here which seems to be a wealth of resources and support.

I wish you well for things on Wednesday!

Most Active
Recent Topics