Physically drained

M Louise N.
on 4/10/05 2:21 pm - Joliet, IL
Does anybody feel like me that they have completely run out of energy? I have trouble eating (vomiting and foaming). I have had a couple of bouts with gout and just now am going through a bad arthritic episode. This keeps me from exercising. I was doing 3 days a week at the YMCA for "rusty hinges." Also, 2 nights a week at the surgeon-sponsored exercise class. I haven't been in almost 3 weeks. Hand the throat scope last week to see if I needed to be dilated, I didn't. How long before this goes away? Louise
mcgreen
on 4/11/05 12:36 am - Honey Brook, PA
Louise - I'm so sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. For the vomiting and foaming I think I'd go back to basics. Start with really soft things and liquid and slowly work your way back to real solids. Have you been getting all of your iron and B12 in? Both of those things can effect your energy level. I really hope that you start feeling better soon. Try your hardest to get back to exercising, it will make you feel better and you want that weight to keep coming off. Keep us posted. Deb
M Louise N.
on 4/11/05 1:54 pm - Joliet, IL
I have started back to the basics: cottage cheese, diet fruit, diet jello and protein drinks and puddings. I have my labs done on a regular basis, I am on the low side as far as iron. I have had to stop exercising due to an arthritic flare up, which I think is related to all the protein and no carbs. I have had gout twice since the surgery and this is the second flare up of arthritis. I plan on starting back tomorrow, if nothing else, I'll just walk. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Sphinxy
on 4/11/05 2:14 am - Redlands, CA
Louise, I think it is different for everybody..... I finally asked the drs nurse this question as well, since I am struggling with exactly that as well. She said that for some people it may take up to a year.... but most seem to get much, much better by about 6 months, and some never get that way at all. I guess we are just some of the lucky few. I had to come out of work again cause I just couldn't keep up. I get scared just thinking about it. One trip to the grocery store and I am busted for the day. I hope things get better for you soon. If you have lab work done it might give you a clue as to what you can do to feel better --- I found that I am extremely anemic and had very low potassium - both of which can cause extreme fatigue -- so at least I can take some extra iron and potassium supplements and that helps. Hang in there -- don't get discouraged. I also find that I am much more tired on those days when I am losing..... I feel bad.... I get on the scale and boom...three more pounds gone..... kinda bittersweet. keep in touch.... I will be hangin in there too B
M Louise N.
on 4/11/05 1:59 pm - Joliet, IL
Thanks for responding. I am having a hard time with the potassium. I was eating 1/2 of a banana every day but it started giving me problems. I am on the low side of iron, maybe I'll check to see what I can take for that. Sure will be glad when I can look back on all this! I even have a hard time getting my liquids down. Water doesn't taste good to me any more and I don't drink coffee or tea. I'll be thinking of you.
awakenalive
on 4/11/05 1:11 pm - Mountains of, CA
Many good thoughts and blessings - while I feel like I've run out of energy - it's the stress of life for me - So I can't say that I have any good advice for you on this. I will keep really good thoughts for you & do try the going back to basics of soft foods - and uping your protein to see if that helps? Although - isn't gout a protein related issue? Sometimes called the rich man's disease - because they think it's related to a higher ability of the "rich" to access more meat type products... Hmm - so I don't go advising you worng, I'd say a conversation with the doc might be useful. Many blessings.
M Louise N.
on 4/11/05 1:49 pm - Joliet, IL
Gout really is a problem for me. I am on a maintenance drug for that. I started today writing down everything I eat and drink. I'm eating mainly cottage cheese with diet fruit or diet jello, sometimes a protein pudding. I know for sure I will be glad to get through this phase.
Debi D.
on 4/11/05 2:43 pm - Blue Grass, IA
Hi! I'm sorry your having such a hard time of it. But like you said it will be wonderful when you can look back on it, and see how far you have come!! I wanted to post to your problem with getting water down. I too was having that problem. I buy whole lemons, cut them in fourths and depending on how lemony you like it, feel your glass with ice, squeeze 1/4 to 1/2 a lemon into it then fill with water, if you like it sweet add splenda to your taste preference, then put it in a shaker and shake it like they do at the fair...it is soo yummy. I don't always put splenda in mine, I like the taste of lemon water. I use those plastic disposable cups you buy for picnics, it makes a suction and you can shake it. Wishing you the best on your journey and hoping your arthritis flair-up ends very soon. Debi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views