Teach me -

awakenalive
on 4/11/05 1:28 pm - Mountains of, CA
Hi everyone - Just a brief update - my7 father is still in the hospital - they think his last heart surgery may need to be "redone" a stint they put in was at a "Y" and may have dislodged or blocked the other vein... thanks for the continued prayers. My cat is still in the hospital - will have the ultrasound & blood test results back tomorrow - continued prayers appreciated there also. Made an appointment with a counselor for Wed to talk about the stresses & issues at work - Is a work supported counselor a group called "Insight" - is very useful if I need to file a grievance & to help me talk out my fears and concerns - again prayers still appreciated. My need is this - How do you guys make such amazing profiles - with the photos, backgrounds etc. etc. I'd like to do this - how can I learn? Again - MANY MANY blessings to each of you & keep up the great work!!!!!
Andrea P
on 4/11/05 5:48 pm - Montgomery, NY
Hi Pamela, There are people at Obesityhelp that can do it for you. If you would like your profile spruced up send an e-mail to [email protected] and they will e-mail you back a list of questions for you to answer. One of the questions will be what webset do you want. The webset is the layout design and you can find a webset for any taste by searching the web. For instance if you love horses you can search the web for "horse webset" and it will give you several places to look and you can pick from those - lots of them are free as long as you put in a link to their web page on yours and whoever creates your profile will do that for you. I hope this helps! God bless you and keep you, ~Andrea
mcgreen
on 4/11/05 9:45 pm - Honey Brook, PA
I can't help you with the profile but I did want to drop a line and let you know that I've been thinking of you. I know that your dad will be fine even if they need to "redo" the surgery. He's in good hands. What did the kitty's tests show? I'm very glad that you're going to take advantage of the counseling that they provide you at work. Maybe some of the workplace junk will get straightened out. Keep smiling!! Deb
Diane H N
on 4/12/05 12:40 am - Merrimack, NH
I've been away from the board for a couple days and was just checking back. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're having - you're in my thoughts. diane
Gypsy Blossom
on 4/14/05 4:30 am - Chicago, IL
Pamela, I can't help you with the profile thing.. I had OH volunteers do it for me and I just update it. I might be able to shed a little hope on your kitty situation though. I had a cat named Addison for 12 years. He was healthy as an ox and completely indoor so he didn't "catch" his renal problem. He lost a lot of weight and wasn't eating well and throwing up all the time, so I took him to the hospital where he was diagnosed with acute renal failure. The vet gave him three weeks, on the outside, to live. I was devastated. I called another vet and asked if they would see him.. for a second opinion.. they did and they confirmed the diagnosis, but not the prognosis. That vets taught me to hydrate my cat, subcutaneously, at home. He was put on tube food (this malt stuff he licked off my finger or off his own paw) for a short time and a 1/2 tablet of pepcid along with some liquid vitamins. Sometimes he needed no treatment.. sometimes he needed treatment for up to two weeks at a time. I always watched him closely and when he started to refuse treatment, I knew he was ready to go on his own. I was also careful to watch for signs of discomfort in general.. he never gave any.. he just moved slowly and cuddled a lot. He outlived his prognosis by 5 full years and he died at home where he was comfortable and relaxed. I have since helped other friends learn this simple, painless treatment for the care of their beloved cats suffering from renal failure. Be sure to ask your vet about learning how and doing treatments at home, if that's an option. You are (of course) in my prayers! Stef
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 814 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1028 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 857 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1167 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 974 views