RECLINER vs BED

Renée M.
on 11/9/08 8:08 pm - Syracuse, NY
I have been hearing different stories about this!  Are any of you having problems sleeping in your bed?  I have been seriously thinking about buying a recliner.  Is this necessary?  HELP! 
Renée
444.5       /   430.2    /     408.2    /    299.8     /   244.5    /     249     /  225
Highest / 07-11-08 / 11-25-08  / 06-07-09 / 03-25-10 / 01-31-11 /  STG
Sh3rry
on 11/9/08 9:14 pm - Syracuse, NY
OMG it does get better but at times I wish i did have a recliner. I toss and turn so much. I'm very uncomfortable sleeping, I have found that a pilow stuffed behind my back and in front of my gutt helps releave some of the pressure I feel but its not the best sleep but better with nothing. I find now that my lower back is hurting and my neck is stiff from trying to find comfort through the night.  I have not been in a recliner but I would love to know the answer to that as well. I would invest if someone said it was worth it. MY NIGHTS are NIGHTMARES!!

Sherry
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/08 9:50 pm - east falmouth, MA
I think you might be on to something..I definately do better wit my knees up on a pillow.....and the pillows in the right position..and this and that...( then I add  the Cpap and pray I got it right. )

Now my husband had his knees replaced a few years ago..serious pain let me tell you...  Anyway I got him the proverbial Barcolounger recliner and it is just the best purchase ever.  Ugly as sin and completely comfortable...

I am quite sure that no matter how much pain I am in he will never let me have it... but I do suggest you go look into them....  You have just enough time to shop before your surgery and I would sure go for it.....  Best money we ever spent..and you are going to need to be able to get comfortable and sleep to hear and get healthy...

Go take some test drives and treat yourself...you are worth it!
charity3
on 11/9/08 10:10 pm - Bay Area, CA
I have one and plan on take full advantage of it.  If you do go out and get one, make sure that while you are reclining in it, that your head is not sitting to far forward.  My Lazy Boy does not do that but my parents have some very highend leather recliners and they both do this causing neck pain and sometimes headaches so be careful you don't want to add any pain/problems that you don't have too!  Good luck.  I am starting my liquid diet tomorrow!
Kelly C.
on 11/9/08 10:32 pm - Clinton, Canada
Hey Renee, I have a recliner, and I never used it at all to sleep in. All I did was put some pillows behind me and that allowed me to sit up like I did in the hospital. BUT on that note.....everyone is different too. I have a recliner in my couch as well, so through the day I sat in that.

Hugs
Kelly

MY AWESOME ANGEL IS  JEN.B
sweetbabi
on 11/10/08 1:56 am - Haines City, FL
I wish I still had my recliner. I have a big chair with an ottoman that I've been sleeping in. It hurts for me to get out of bed ... it feels like my stitches are going to rip right out of my chest (I had open rny).

Renée M.
on 11/10/08 7:05 am - Syracuse, NY
Thanks, everyone!  We really don't have room for one so I don't want to buy one but...I guess I could use it and then sell it.  I think I will wish I had one if I don't!  CraigsList is the place to get one, IMO! 
Renée
444.5       /   430.2    /     408.2    /    299.8     /   244.5    /     249     /  225
Ellen H.
on 11/11/08 8:00 am - Metro Detroit, MI
Hey Renee!  Did you make a decision about whether to go and get a recliner?  Since you said your bedroom is upstairs that would might make me get one.  Did you check craigslist to see if there were any?  I know that sometimes the stores have ridiculous sales on the lower end models and since you won't be using it for long it would be fine.  I know in MI we have art van clearance centers with good prices.
Renée M.
on 11/11/08 10:27 am - Syracuse, NY
I found several on Craig's List but after finding out today how little I will be getting for disability, I really shouldn't be buying a recliner!  I will be back to work in 1 week!  I cannot afford not to be!
Renée
Ellen H.
on 11/11/08 11:01 am - Metro Detroit, MI
Oh man!  You have to go back to work at one week.  That is too bad.  Well I can say for me I was in terrible pain for a solid 6 days but now I am on day 7 today and I was able to get so much done.  Most people are saying they don't have nearly the amount of pain I had too.  You will be fine in the bed but pillow placement is important and figuring out a way to get out without using stomach muscles.  Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 805 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 767 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1053 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2019 views