Just need some answers

mslusser
on 11/14/08 3:45 am

I had the lap band done last month on the 13 of oct, the 5 th of this month I went for my first fill. When I went in I was told that I would not have anything in the band until my first fill, well was i told wrong. when they went to fill me the doctor told me that I had 4 cc already in and they were going to add 2 more cc. great Im up to 6 already and it was just my first fill. Now my question is that I can eat anything I want, and I mean anything bread, rice,pasta what ever I want to eat. I have also notice that I want eat more than 1/2 cup. not much more but I can. Am i doing anything wrong or should I just wait until my next fill and see what happens. Im 31 yrs old and a mother of 4 girls so Im always on the run. could that be why I can eat more. I am losing weight so I know Im eating ok....

Mom2aTrio
on 11/14/08 5:42 am - IN
Not sure how to answer since I am RNY but you may want to post this in the lap band or main forum as many of us are newbies and are just out of surgery or just going to surgery

Jill
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Sara E.
on 11/16/08 11:09 am - Louisville, KY
well, first congradulations for taking the first step to helping yourself..... I am 3 months out an I haven't got a fill..... So you are great with some in your band. I have lost 33 pounds since aug. 1 and no fill... so as long as you are loosing weight don't be frantic...it is a good thing.
you need to eat at least 1200 calories a day and eat 3 lean cusine size meals and 2 snacks a day plus 64 ozs. of water. the size of a lean cuisine meal is what you need to eat about every 3-4 hours. It is ok if you can't get it all down. I can't still with no fill. We don't know how much is in my band from surgery date, but what ever is in their it is working... stick to what I said and you will do great! the main thing is 70 grams of protein a day then the vegs....hope that helps....Sara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 814 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 775 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1060 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2050 views