11 Days Post Op - RNY

Lisa H.
on 11/17/08 12:01 pm - Allen, TX

I am 11 days out and feeling good.  But I'm having alot of trouble now following my aftercare.  I have some questions. 

1st, all the sugar free stuff is horrible.  I can't seem to choke it down.  That includes my vitamins.  I know there is no escape from that and I'm working on getting those down somehow.  BUT, I can't get this protein down at all.  Any suggestions on how to get this protein down in any way shape or form would be really appreciated.

AND, one of the things I am having a great deal of difficulty with is drinking while I eat.  I'm thirsty all the time and I can't seem to eat anything without drinking.  So how damaging is drinking with my meals?  Is it going to hurt me in the long run?  If so, how?    Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm really not eating much at all but I'm craving anything salty and spicy.  Hard to get in any soft food so I seem to have alot of "uncomfortable" times after I eat.  I know, however, that I'm not eating near enough.  But is this type of food bad for me?  If I can tolerate it, is it really a problem?

Any help through this would be really appreciated.  Thank you all so much.

Lisa in Texas
queenbrandy
on 11/17/08 11:11 pm - Temple, TX
Lisa,

What about broth?  Did you do sugar free pre op?  If not it will take a while to get accustom to it.
sweetbabi
on 11/18/08 2:26 am - Haines City, FL
This is how it was explained to me from my nutritionist ... when you drink while you eat all you are doing is pushing the food down into the intestine before it is ready and therefore making more room in your pouch so you don't feel full when you are supposed to and end up eating more.

I have not been put on vitamins yet so I can't help you there, sorry. I'm on pureed food right now and haven't had any trouble tolerating food. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 815 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 775 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1060 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2050 views