on 5/10/10 9:30 am - NY
Just wondering how everyone is doing?
Boy has life changed for us ha?
I love my RNY!!
Love my new body..especially when it's got clothes on LOL
Hope you all are doing well.
SandieW
on 6/11/10 11:23 am - Glenside, PA
I haven't reached the point of "loving my body" yet, but I sure do love the compliments I get when I wear some of my new outfits.

I got sick for the first time last month since my surgery and was shocked at how fast I dehydrated - I lost 10 lb in 3 days!!  I guess that should be a warning for all the RNYers - extra fluids are more important than ever because I thought I WAS drinking enough.

cricket1970
on 6/13/10 9:08 am - NY
Hi Sandie.
Thanks for replying....
I know what you mean about the new outfits.  I love some of my cute new things as well.
I hope you are feeling well now.  That is scary ha?  I haven't been ill since my surgery and someone was just telling me the other day that they hope I don't get sick because I have nothing on my body to help fight it..
I have lost a total of 120 (ish) lbs...I was 247 the day of surgery and I stepped on the scale today at the drug store and I weight 121.5lbs....I feel great.  Never felt better.  I remember when I was going through the process of having the surgery and the Dr. told me his goal for me was about 135-140lbs...I said there is no way I will ever get that small!!!  And here I am.  Amazing. 
Good to hear from you...I hope more people come to this forum so that we can hear how they are doing.
Take care.
Cricket
:)
SandieW
on 6/13/10 11:32 am - Glenside, PA
My goal was also to get from 241 to about 135, but I haven't made it yet.  In fact, until this recent illness I hadn't lost so much as an ounce in over a year and I was really discouraged since I'm still 30 lb from my goal.  Until this last weight drop, I'd been wearing my mother's clothes but happily now they are also too big so I broke down and did some shopping.  What a relief - my taste is really a lot different than hers but I hate shopping and didn't want to have to do it all again!

As far as my illness, I've been laid up twice in the past month for over a week at a time and despite dozens of tests doctors still have no idea what was wrong with me aside from being too weak to even sit up.  Scary, especially since it puts my job in jeopadry.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 799 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 761 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1045 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2006 views