Post Op Diet! What is everyone planning?

SOCOCHIC1014
on 11/4/10 2:20 am - Shady Side, MD
With all of our surgeries in the horizion i was wondering what everyone was eating/drinking after surgery???

SWAGALICIOUS .
on 11/4/10 3:55 am, edited 11/4/10 3:55 am
im eating sugar free jello and chicken broth like 2 oz every hour but i really dont have an appetite yet this is crazy !!
ima_totalgeek
on 11/4/10 9:57 pm
I'm looking forward to cottage cheese and some strained cream of mushroom soup.  If I can handle it!

Otherwise, jello and protein shakes
monmira
on 11/7/10 1:35 am - El Paso, TX
My Dr asks us to drink beneprotein mixed with ff milk and carnation instant breakfast, no sugar added.  I also got sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding, chicken broth and cottage cheese!

~Mon
freewomyn
on 11/8/10 10:37 pm
I am day four days out of surgery and am so glad I found this link.  I've added it to my favorites.  I was finally able to put down a 6oz thing of no sugar added yougurt.  Took two days to finish.  I am awfully thirsty.  Sipping tea and FLATTTT gingerale from a teaspoon doesn't seem to be quenching it.  Going downstairs to see if I can complete a chocholate protein drink.  Need to drink 3 to move to the 60% protein needed.  Still have a bunch of gas after I swallow anything.Really tired too.
Lori D.
on 11/16/10 4:20 am - Carrollton, TX
8 days post op, still on liquids. I have my post op follow up on the Monday and he will give me the "nod" to proceed to Stage 2 which for me is soft foods - looking forward to it. I have been drinking smoothies with protein powder added, muscle milk lite, adkins advantage and chicken broth.  My husband found another web site that has smoothie recipes.  Here is the link....

http://www.renewedreflections.com/forums/gastric-bypass-recipes/12548-smoothie-bible.html

These were great since I was getting burned out on the basics from my pre-op liquid diet.

Best Wishes,
~lori

Most Active
Recent Topics
Checking in
dlp5510 · 1 replies · 971 views
Hey
jmshadowdancer · 0 replies · 1259 views
nausea is back at 7mos.
dlp5510 · 0 replies · 974 views
One-derland!
Kariszma83 · 1 replies · 946 views