HELP Need To Improve on Myself NOW

Dania B.
on 12/20/04 4:04 am - Bonham, TX
Hello everyone!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful christmas and happy new year. My 2004 year sucked totally. My mom was diagnosed wirh lung cancer in late November 2003. We lost her on January 28, 2004. She was only 68 years old and has always been healthy. My dad died June 29, 2004 from cancer also. Actually I think he grieved hisself to death. Well during all this bad stuff I went from 167 to 189. I am so worried about gaining more my life seems to revolve around ways to help myself lose to my goal weight 145. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks for listening to my whinning. But it has been a very hard year. I plan on going on a diet January 2005, whats the best diet to go on? Thanks, Dania
bridgettekearns
on 12/27/04 10:45 am - Patterson, NY
Dear Dania: I think you did very well during what must have been a very stressful time in your life. I am very sorry for both of your losses. Would you have only gained 20 pounds during such a stressful time prior to WLS? I have had no where near such a stressful year and am still struggling. I find for me going back to the basic things that I learned in the begining of this journey to be most helpful, trying to keep food records, making sure I am getting at least 50 to 60 grams of protein per day, drinking at least 64 ounces of water, and exercising at least 4 times per week. Believe me I know this is all easier said than done. Good luck and remember to be kind to yourself. Bridgette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hellooooooooo
jeris · 5 replies · 639 views
Looking for Answers
mariahstokes · 0 replies · 535 views
4 years out.......
dlr121702 · 0 replies · 503 views
December 11, 2002--Post Op--
suzette V. · 0 replies · 490 views
any one from puerto rico ??
cynthia M. · 0 replies · 485 views