Dating Question

XOXOXO
on 6/20/09 3:23 am, edited 1/1/23 7:13 am

XOXOXO
on 6/20/09 11:57 am, edited 6/20/09 12:10 pm
MelissaF
on 6/21/09 11:17 pm - Northwood, IA
Sorry I am just now responding Ro.  I hope you forgive me! I think only YOU know when the time is right, nobody else can determine this for you.  A male companionship for a while even just as a friend or even a girlfriend to hang with for a while can't hurt anything.  You were pretty "detached" for a while from DH so I can understand you feeling prepared to wanna date also.. not harm in that if you do infact feel emotionally sound and ready to handle the things that come with a relationship that can sometimes be stressful.  XOXOXO

I know you will do what is right for Ro, I just can't answer this one.. I think this is something Ro has to determine for herself.... you know in your heart when it is right girlfriend.

Love you!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

XOXOXO
on 6/25/09 12:52 pm
dmsams
on 6/22/09 2:03 am - san antonio, TX
I am so not the person to ask about dating, dating sites or anything of the sort....but wanted to say HI!

HUGS
Dawn
XOXOXO
on 6/25/09 12:54 pm
Geminidream
on 6/22/09 9:15 am - Spokane, WA
Uh, did you send that to me too?  I never saw it if you did, I'm sorry! 

The only dating place I've ever heard anything about is the one where they used to have the 'founder' some dr.-guy do the adverts and he talked about matching people with a certain number of compatability points.  They don't use him in the ads anymore, I think or else maybe they are not around???  Anyway, my sister tried that one w/dismal results.  The way she related the story to me it sounds like he only took her out enough times to get her to think she owed him s*x.  What a jerk and needless to say she was too smart for him. 

How about instead of dating sites just finding some group that does local day trips with people in our age bracket just to make some new friends and some regularly schedule companionship.  If anything develops then so be it, but at least you'd have something to do with locals and get to have a good time. 

Hugs!

Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
XOXOXO
on 6/25/09 1:03 pm
natalie1975
on 6/23/09 2:49 am - Yardley, PA
o.k., since i'm one the the designated "sigle girls" here who has met quite a few people on-line in just the last couple of months since I moved to PA, didn't know many people, broke up with regular b/f (who, coinsidentally i also met on-line and who turned out to be a wonderful person in every respect_, i should offer my 2 cents.

1.) on-line dating is no longer just for the desperate/needy/losers, etc. (yes, some people on-line are but, in general, many are busy, good or at least decent looking self-confident professionals--the typpe of people most would find "datable"--i know most of the time i end up pleasantly surprised and wise versa.)

2.) the first time, always arrange to meet at a punlic place and only give out your cell no.--i haven't met eny creeps but, hey, safety first.

3.) i use jdate.com--but it's geared primarily towards non-religious jewish singles and, just in case you happen to be jewish, can highly recommend it. i've also heard great things about match.com (and mixed reviews about plentyoffish)..match.com, even though not free, tends to attract a classier clientelle. Have been meaning to try it myself but have been too busy. Maybe you can give it a try and let me know the inside scoop.

If you'd like to talk about dating on-line or otherwise, ask away--i'm very open.

cheers,
Nat
XOXOXO
on 6/25/09 1:13 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 787 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 744 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1419 views