Yesterday I ATE...and Moved (Monday)

dmsams
on 8/10/09 11:52 pm - san antonio, TX
Hey Friends!

What I am really trying to work on is my eating- 2 things that cause me trouble evenings and weekends.

I get home from gym between 6 - 7:30 (depending on the day) I have supper between 6:30 -7:30 then between 8-10 when i am sitting in my easy chair watching tv...TROUBLE........last night i tried eating Low Fat swiss cheese, which worked out pretty well- It is amazing the number of calories one can take in without realizing!

Breakfast: Protein Bar
Lunch: Crustless Quiche
Dinner: 4oz Chicken Breast
1c Squash
Snacks: Protein Bar
Multigrain Crackers/LF Swiss

Total: 1027 cal 38 fat 111 protein 64 carbs

45 minutes on the elliptical,I input my stats (weight and age) and it said that i burned 421 calories, not sure how accurate.

Yeah Team!
Dawn
MelissaF
on 8/11/09 8:25 am, edited 8/11/09 1:18 pm - Northwood, IA
Me too Dawn! End of the day is SOO hard for me.  I am glad u realize how calories add up so quick b/c they really do.

Today I had lunch with an RNY surgeon and his wife (the ones who originally hired me into the bariatric coord job) and we talked a lot about why ppl fail after surgery... bottom line is grazing and too many carbos.  I already knew this but it was important to hear it from him. Not sure why?  Silly huh... they are dolls.  I love them so much and it was fun to see them.

I love love your menu choices... very awesome.  Great job!!!

Breakfast: Coffee with hubby out - Tall SF white/dark choc mocha (no whip) with soy. Yes with caffiene.. lol

Lunch: 1 cup chili from Applebees.

Snack: EAS Shake RTD (110 cals) and 4 oz of soy milk in coffee with splenda.

Dinner: Hubby and I are grilling out -  1 casingless chicken sausage/brat thingy for 110 cals and then a side salad with many nonstarchy veggies and sprinkle of full fat mozz cheese with light ceaser ving. dressing drizzled.

Snack: Protein shake with soy and FF whip.

I need to figure out the calories but I have no idea about applebees chili.  I have no idea.. guessing 500 just to be high.  Dinner was prob 300 and breakfast was coffee so 180..(yes im adding outloud!) and 110 for ready to drink shake and 200 for my protein shake after dinner.  

So thats approx 1300ish with plenty of protein. Perfect for me!

Activity: Walked 3 miles with hubby and dogs.

Keep up the good work Dawn!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

dmsams
on 8/12/09 12:28 am - san antonio, TX
I Agree 100% with what your surgeon friend said. I am a perfect example of a GRAZER-who grazes on CARBS.
What a great resource you have in your friend the bariatric surgeon.

Keep the hints and tips coming i so value them and can use all the help i can get.
Dawn
MelissaF
on 8/12/09 12:29 am - Northwood, IA
LOL well... it was the surgeon and his wife that I met with (his previous coordinator). I was hired into her job originally when they moved here.  Yes, great resources they are!!! :-)
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 787 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 744 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1419 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 800 views