Dec. 9th...

relovlee
on 12/1/08 7:31 am - VA
OMG..SHyster... youre soo right. I feel the same way. Im like I would die w/o having the support of you guys. Hey everybody its right here in our faces our time has come.  I had preop appt today did all of the preadmission stuff and spoke w/ anesthesiologist . Wow is all I could say after I left it finally hit. As I was driving home it hit me the anxiety, am i making the right decision, and this is gonna be such a life change, then the fear came wow I'll never be able to eat a krispy kreme again. These are all of the things I was saying to myself.  Is everyone else having jitters like me? Im at peace with my decision i guess im just worried is all. weird thing is my hubby it hit him this weekend he said babe u got 10 days and then he was like youre sooo gonna starve but I had to explain to him that we (OHstaplers) are not gonna be hungry you  know. So well I bought my slimfast tonight for 1 week preop diet. wish me luck/...lol I hate slimfast. Love all of you guys and gals we're sooo lucky that our day is almost here.
Shystermom
on 12/1/08 9:54 am
I had a Krispy Kreme moment too - except mine was with pizza (my favorite food).  But I keep reminding myself that this is for my HEALTH not my vanity (although if I end up with a smokin' hot body at the end the rainbow, I won't deny feeling good about myself). 

I don't like being on high blood pressure medication at age 46.  I don't like huffing and puffing at the top of stairs.  I don't like worrying about my adorable 9 year old not having a mother when she's my age because her mother couldn't stop eating pizza and brownies and Doritos and anything else she could get her hands on.  I don't like worrying that if I don't do this, my health problems could get worse, and just when my child should be enjoying her 20's, she will be shuttling me to doctor's appointments.

Now I will put the morbid in "morbidly obese": I would be more ashamed to be obese and dying in my 60's leaving my daughter crushed than to explain my reasoning for doing this operation when my BMI is under 40.  I am sure I will hate the protein bullets and the chicken cutlet purees and the whey protein crap.  But I will love the day I go off medication, will love the day when I am actually full, will be grateful for a pouch that will literally punish me for eating that pizza or brownie and reminding me that those days are over.

Sorry if this is deep, but the surgery is getting close.  We must meet this challenge head on, like warriors.  Grrrrr
relovlee
on 12/1/08 12:02 pm - VA
Oh my gosh girl I couldnt have worded it better youre soo right I had my pizza today and ChicFil-a and i think im finally done i wanted some cake but couldnt find any..lol So i start my preop diet tomorrow slimfast (can u say yucko)..lol
Shystermom
on 12/4/08 3:20 am
I am very lucky I don't have to do a pre-op diet. They said "come as you are". So down to the freakin' wire, I am eating pizza and pie and ice cream and meat and Diet Dr. Pepper and chewing and enjoying.  :)   I'm eating it, but you know, I think I can give this all up for a better me.  It won't be long now...
relovlee
on 12/4/08 12:06 pm - VA
You lucky dog...lol Im on slim fast and friggin lean cuisines all day..yuck yuck
Shystermom
on 12/7/08 11:25 pm
Well folks, today is the last day of our past. Tomorrow is the big day for so many of us.  You will all be in my thoughts and I'm sure I will be in yours.  We will take this giant step forward for our health, our families and ourselves.  I can't wait to trade stories with all of you once we are all home safe and sort of sound.  Good luck to all you! - Lisa
relovlee
on 12/8/08 12:38 am - VA
Good luck to u as well Lisa...And hey to everybody else good luck!!! My weekend was nerveracking w/ cleaning the house up and down and getting kids' clothes for school all ironed up now im ready no turning back now..We've come to far!!!! See you all on the other side lets do this!
Renée M.
on 12/8/08 10:38 am - Syracuse, NY
Best Wishes to all of you!  I had OPEN RNY 2 weeks ago and I am back to work on Wednesday!  Do what the Docs say and you will be better in no time!  Hugs to you all!  :-)
Renée
444.5       /   430.2    /     408.2    /    299.8     /   244.5    /     249     /  225
Highest / 07-11-08 / 11-25-08  / 06-07-09 / 03-25-10 / 01-31-11 /  STG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1338 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 930 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1503 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 856 views