Sharing my day with you guys

Teresa D.
on 5/8/10 3:27 am - Peachland, NC
I had surgery on December 18, 2009 in Charlotte, NC.  To date (weighted this morning) I have lost 62 pounds.  I have 47 more to go.  I am very happy with myself.  I would love to hear from you on your sucess to if I am somewhat on target.  I am a revision patient, so needless to say I have been down this road before.  But...not going there. 
Teresa D.    
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/10 12:57 pm - Royse City, TX
I was wondering if anyone came back to this page after their surgery! :-) I have almost hit my 80 lbs mark... my surgery was the day after yours! I lost 13lbs before surgery, so 67 since day of surgery.

How are you feeling?!? I feel AWESOME! I have about 70 lbs to go...
Teresa D.
on 5/9/10 4:10 pm - Peachland, NC
Wow, you have done excellent! 

I also feel great.  Seems I eat the same thing all the time but that's OK, that is my comfort zone.  I actually am still trying to navigate around on this website.  I try to exercise everyday but it is getting so hot here its going to be hard to continue doing it outside.  I have been walking with a few ladies at work.  Talking about being hot, I am sure its winter time compared to what the temp is for you in TX.  What do you do for exercise? 

Good talking with you. 
TD
Teresa D.    
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/10 10:55 pm - Royse City, TX
I haven't done a ton of exercising as of yet. I work in my yard weekly... mowing, weeding and edging. I am way more active in general so instead of avoiding an all day shopping trip or getting on the trampoline with my neices and nephews, I am there before they are!

The weather isn't terrible. It has gotten up to the mid-90's, but I LOVE the sun. It cooled off a bit this weekend after the rain, so it was almost freezing to me... while everyone else was in shorts and t-shirt.

MacawMother
on 5/12/10 5:43 am
Hi Teresa!

My ticker is not updating but I've lost 102 lbs.  I was 60 lbs heavier than you at your starting point though.  30 of that was done on my pre-op diet (6 weeks before surgery).  Everyone is different so it's hard to compare yourself to someone else.  There are variances with age, height, starting weight, etc.  My doctor's goal for me is 177 pounds (54 more pounds) but that would still put me in the "overweight" category for my BMI.  While I would be happy at 177 I sure would like to be 150 but if I don't hit that I'm OK with 177.  I must admit I have not been very good at exercising.  I did it in the beginning at my doctor's office (strength training).  Then I joined a gym and was going regularly and I haven't been going lately.  I started a food journal and with that it tracks exercise and fluid intake.  I'm going to get my butt moving!!!

Good luck to you!  Keep up the great work!  I look forward to hearing about your progress in the future!
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Teresa D.
on 5/12/10 5:03 pm - Peachland, NC
Thank you for responding.  I try to walk every day usually a mile or so.  How do you keep a food journal, on line?  I have been doing that also in the beginning but I find that I get tired of doing it after a while and plus it seems I eat the same things all the time. 

Good talking with you!

Teresa
Teresa D.    
MacawMother
on 5/12/10 6:40 pm
Good for you on the walking!   I have always hated exercise so there's nothing new about me not doing it!

I was keeping a journal in an excel spreadsheet but I wasn't doing it all the time because I don't always have a computer with me.  So I bought a food journal at the bookstore.  I saw several of them there when I went.  One was called a "diet minder" and that was a good one but I chose the "daily planner diet journal".  It does seem like I eat a lot of the same things too.  I have a list I typed up and slipped into my journal of the common food items I eat with the totals so it's easy to record.    The book is nice, in the back there is a list of food items and their nutritional values to help you in case you're eating out or something.    Here's what I ate on Tuesday...

Oatmeal (with protein powder)  130 cal, 12 pro
Starbucks skinny vanilla late with protein12oz 130 calories, 15 pro
2 oz beef jerky 160 cal, 24 pro
creamy chicken soup (with protein) 100 cal, 15 pro
premier protein shake 160 cal, 30 pro
1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese  100 cal, 14 pro
crystal light packet 10 cal

total calories 790
total protein 110
total fluids 79 ounces
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 899 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 908 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1111 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1038 views