Please pray for insurance approval!

Sara R.
on 12/6/11 3:51 am
Hey Everyone,

My file went to insurance friday 12/2 after my last nutrition visit. I am praying for a quick turn around because everything was in order, i had fulfilled all their requirements and my insurance coordinator is absolutely amazing so i know insurance should not have any questions. I am dying to call insurance and check on the status. I have a tentative date of 12/28 and as of today i still have that date saved for me as long as insurance comes through.

I am asking for prayers, fingers and toes crossed, meditation or positive thoughts sent into the universe. whatever you believe in will help me! :) 

I go in for my preop diet class today and will start tomorrow. its only a low carb diet which i know is difficult but it will not be as hard as a liquid only diet so i will be doing it for 3 weeks instead of 2.

thank you all for everything!

Sara
Twizzled D.
on 12/6/11 9:51 am
 Good luck to you!

Speaking from a recent panicked experience...if you're wondering about your insurance status, it may be better to call your surgeon's office and speak with the coordinator instead of the insurance. I had to call the insurance company for something unrelated and thought, "Oh, while I have you on the phone, let me ask you about my approval status." On the phone I was told I was denied - so naturally I freaked out and called the surgeon's office. The coordinator told me I had been approved, and she was looking at my authorization number as we spoke. She called the insurance company to straighten it out. What happened was I was talking to someone in benefits, not pre-cert, and apparently there's no communication there. :/ 

My turnaround took about a week, but that was including Thanksgiving, so I will pray that yours comes through much quicker!!! 
-Kristi

Sara R.
on 12/6/11 2:04 pm
Omg! Thank you i spoke with someone today with the same insurance who said it took her about 2 weeks but hers was lap band revised to sleeve. I really hope it comes in on friday! i can barely stand it. Thanks for the tips
cassandra1021
on 12/13/11 2:31 am - MD
Wishing you the best Sara on your approval...you're my surgery date twin...we gotta support one another on Dec. 28!!! Keep me posted!!
I have a ways to go, but by the grace of God I will reach my goal!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow...it's almost been a year!
manda2108 · 1 replies · 1082 views
Down 80lbs today
ete77 · 7 replies · 1415 views
Dec surgery check in.
Darcy S. · 5 replies · 1316 views
Raw Veggies
Shadowcrypt · 2 replies · 1059 views