12/27/13; best Christmas present, EVER!

iAshleighhh
on 12/15/13 4:56 pm

Today, 12/16/2013, marks day four of my liquid diet. Only ten more to go! 

It has been incredibly trying these past few days & I expect it to get that much worse. I have been doing fairly well, despite being REAL hungry. I have been drinking around 94 oz of water a day but that is about normal for me to begin with. But not being able to eat has been just so tough!

I have been adjusting fairly well though to this soon to be new life. I have been out with my boyfriend & family. The temptation to eat is always there, of course, but I have been proud of myself for not biting the "apple", if you will. 

I have been growing weaker thought as days pass. But when that happens I increase my soup intake. I am. It sure how much more water I can drink. But I have been throwing in flavored sf juices. As well as the occasional sf  Popsicle. As well as jell-o. That has been my favorite forever & I am thrilled to pieces knowing that is one thing I can still have pre & post lapband.

Though the liquid diet has really truly sealed my fate I am just so happy that I will be able to see the light in ten, well counting today eleven, days!

but I have noticed an increase in the amount of time I suck my thumb, I'm chalking it up to hunger & nerves. But I have also been a little less irritable, unless I am hungry. I have also noticed that I read more and, if it is possible, faster!

i suppose as time continues I will have more to report. 

I'm off for now, really hungry! Take care. 

MeAreToo
on 12/22/13 3:50 am - TX
VSG on 12/27/13

My surgery is the same day! I agree best Christmas present ever! Congrats on your surgery.

MeR2 

RNYGuyPA
on 1/1/14 3:13 am
RNY on 12/27/13

I also had surgery on 12/27 and the 2 weeks leading up to that were brutal - especially around the holidays.  I was really hungry for the first time in a long while, but after the first week that seemed to get better.  Now adjust to day 3 of a 14 day Full Liquid Post Op.  Can't weight to eat pureed baby food for 2 weeks (ugh).  Oh well, it will pay off.

Twinkles2147
on 3/1/14 11:24 am

RNY.... Mine was 12/23/13. Took me five years to make up my mind and get myself ready. Have been struggling for a few weeks, and i am still glad i did it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Update on my VSG 12/19/13
teresa C. · 0 replies · 567 views
Update on my SV Dec 28 2014
Dubs · 0 replies · 500 views
Dec 28 Date for VS
Dubs · 0 replies · 618 views