One Year

sixfootkat
on 6/14/11 11:54 pm - Canada
 Hi,

I have not been on here much lately but I wanted to give an update seeing today is my One Year Surgery Anniversary! I can't believe it.  Since surgery I have lost 100 lbs (140 lbs total).  My life has changed a lot.  I have learned to Roller Skate,  I go out dancing with my friends,  I have fun riding my bike.  I use to worry all the time about fitting into places.  Will the chairs be to small?  Going to an old theatre would be out of the question cus I would never fit in the seat,  I always worried about getting a ride with someone else cus I might not be able to fit & it I did I probably wouldn't be able to put on the seatbelt.  All of this stress isolated me from all of my friends but t don't have to worry about any of that anymore.  People have commented on how much more I smile.  Having surgery saved my life!!!  The tools & knowledge I learned from the staff at the WW clinic has saved my life!!!  

I'm still losing weight but it is really slow now...about one lb per month.  I still weigh once per week but I no longer obsess about it.  Other things are more important now, like how far I can get on my bike or finding fun new recipes to try.  I am still quite overweight at 278 lbs but I have lost 1/3 of myself, which is kinda crazy so I think it is understandable that my body wants to slow down the weight loss for awhile.  

I am pretty strict with some of the food suggestions from the Clinic.  I don't drink Caffeine,  I have not had caffeine in one year & 1 month.  I don't eat white flour & I don't ever have carbonated beverages.  I have noticed that somethings I use to love to eat now taste horrible to me.  It seems like my taste buds are more alive.

I am glad I made the decision to have surgery!  I'm proud of all that I have accomplished so far.  I am grateful to all my friends & family for there amazing support so far.

All my best to anyone else on there journey!

Hugs  Katrina

Adrianna O.
on 6/15/11 1:45 am - Canada
Wow!! Congrats on your surgiversay!! Mine is coming up on July 13 and I decided that I am worth going to the State shopping for. I'm getting really excited.

You should be extremely proud of yourself...GREAT JOB!!!

Used2Bthin
on 6/15/11 8:52 am - Canada
Great JOB.  Isnt it amazing how much your attitude changes.  Someone at work today blurted out " you are so much happier these days" .  Even when I have a bad day at work it does not effect me as much.  I smile more, joke more, I am just loving life.

Keep up the good work and continue having fun!
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Keelan
on 6/15/11 1:52 pm
Congrats Katrina on your wonderful success and accomplishments. Wishing you all the best.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

kriskj
on 6/15/11 6:07 pm - Canada
Congratulations on your surgiversary!! I love to hear of everyones success stories, trials and tribulations. I cant wait for my surgiversary just so i can see how far i have come!!  Your weightloss has been fantastic so far and i hope it continues for you!! Good luck on the journey yet to come ;)
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery
Gizzys
on 6/16/11 1:16 am - Canada
Congrats!  You've done well.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Relene
on 6/26/11 12:25 am - Irma, Alberta, Canada
Great job!  And I can tell by this post how mjuch healthier your mind is as well as your body!  Great accomplishment!

HW 370  Pre-op weight 297 CW191.0  updated June 26/11

Most Active