I got my date!

Scribbles
on 11/28/13 8:17 pm - Canada
VSG on 12/05/13

I got the call late yesterday afternoon, there was a short notice appointment that opened up...I go in next Thursday!  I can't believe this is finally happening, it feels like I've been waiting forever, even though I just started this whole process in April.   Will there be anyone else in Red Deer the same day?

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/13 11:13 pm - Edmonton, Canada

Congratulations! I'm excited for you.

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/13 4:25 am - Edmonton, Canada

How's it going Scribbles?

I hope everything went well.

Scribbles
on 1/9/14 7:42 am - Canada
VSG on 12/05/13

I'm sorry I did not see this message until today!

Everything went very smoothly, thank you.  I've had many ups and downs since, questioned why I did this too many times, but I find things are getting easier, especially now that I'm on pureed foods.  I still struggle to get all my water in, but my nurse said that I'm doing okay.  I'm not dehydrated, which she said is all that matters at this point.  I easily get my protein in, but that's with one RTD shake and a scoop of Syntrax mixed with water a day...I wish I didn't have to rely on the powders, and for a couple of days I thought I could get away from it, but I find it's just easier this way now.  Hopefully down the road, but not right now.  

I still get twinges of wishing I could dive into a bag of chips or eat a chocolate bar, but I'm doing well.  :)

When did you have your surgery?  How have things been for you?

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/14 8:43 am - Edmonton, Canada

I haven't had surgery yet. I'm on the waitlist at the Edmonton clinic.

I expect I'll have the surgery after August, the wait in Edmonton is longer than Red Deer. 

Glad things went well.

Most Active