My Mother's Day WOW!!

Iris Shimmer
on 5/11/08 10:31 am
Today was much like any other day for me. At least it seemed that way. My dh took me out to eat last night and we are going away next weekend..that is my gift from him. Well, my 2 oldest son's had to work today..so I was a bit sad. A little after 4 this afternoon my 17 year old comes in with a little white box. He handed it to me and said " Happy mother's day, mom". I opened the box and OMG!! He bought me a pair of diamond earrings!! He gave me the certificate of authenticity and everything. OMG..I cried because I never ever expected that. And they were very expensive..money he could have used for something else!! Then we cooked supper together..and the little one cleaned the kitchen!! I am one lucky woman!!

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Vickie G.
on 5/11/08 10:37 am - AL
I am so Happy You had a good day!!                         
bon
on 5/11/08 10:37 am - Enterprise, AL

Not as lucky as they are sweetie!

Glad you had a very good Mother's Day! Treasure those boys!

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Marilyn Monroe
Carmen G.
on 5/11/08 10:46 am - Lincoln, AL
Oh Renee...how wonderful!!!!!  I know you are one thrilled and proud momma!!!
Elle Felts
on 5/11/08 11:22 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Wow, what an awesome gift.  I know you enjoyed your day.  Holly gave me a beautiful charm for my Pandora charm bracelet and Christian gave me a beautiful "NANA" picture frame with "our" picture in it.  I know....it was so sweet too!!!  Kyle gave me a beautiful garnet necklace with a cross on it and and a gorgeous picture that says "As for me and my house, We will serve the Lord"!  I had admired it at the store and he picked up on it and that's what I got. Jill took me out to lunch.  I was very delighted with my gifts.  Just wish my daughters could/would of spent the day with me.  As bad as I feel with this darned cold, I was just as well sitting here on the computer and watching TV this afternoon I suppose.

queenieredhead
on 5/11/08 12:54 pm - Huntsville, AL
Our boys are precious aren't they?  That is a wonderful Mother's Day.  I'm glad you had an awesome day.  You deserve it.   Me and my boys spent the day together.  Kevin got in from Enterprise around 3 something this afternoon and took us all to dinner.  He is such a sweetheart and sooo good to me!  We had a nice dinner and then I got to spend some time with him.  Hard to believe we've only been dating a week and I feel like I've known him all my life.  Jackie texted me while we where having dinner and that shocked me.  She is such a sweetheart and a beautiful woman!  So thoughtful and always praying for me and others.  My youngest daughter called me today and wished me a happy mother's day.  I didn't hear from my oldest daughter and I'm a little worried about that.  She normally calls me on mother's day or comes to see me.  I hope she is alright.  She changed cell phones and I don't have her new number. I enjoyed our Starbucks yesterday morning.  Hopefully it won't be so long before we can do it again.  Take care and I'll talk to you soon. Vicky

"Life is too short not to be happy."

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/08 10:54 pm
Hey Vicky, I just wanted you to know that I'll be praying that everything is ok with your oldest daughter. Please let us know when you hear from her.

I'm so excited for you and Kevin. He sounds like a fine man and those are hard to come by. I love reading about your new love life and hope to keep hearing more!!!

Love,
DebbieDoo
queenieredhead
on 5/12/08 12:21 pm - Huntsville, AL
Thanks DebbieDoo!  I heard from her today.  I was starting to get worried about her.  She had to add minutes to her phone.  Yes Kevin is such a sweetheart.  I am soo glad I met him.  And to think I almost didn't.  You'll be hearing more. :) Vicky

"Life is too short not to be happy."

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/08 10:52 pm
I am so glad that you had such a good day. Its nice to be appreciated, isn't it? I know you will enjoy the weekend away and man DIAMONDS????? What a sweetheart that boy is!!! My daughter bought me a pair several years ago and that's about all I wear these days.

I love you Renee and hope that things continue to go well for you and your family. I love it when you post new pics of the family.

Love,
DebbieDoo
Most Active