Next support group meeting at Baptist, July 14th

susandoeshair
on 7/12/11 6:48 am - Alexander, AR
Hey everyone!!!

Post op support group meets in the Doctor's dining room, far right hand corner of the cafeteria. Basement level, Baptist Hospital.

6:00 to 7:30 p.m.

I'll be there, will you???

Susan

Lara_N
on 7/13/11 3:10 am - Searcy, AR
I'll be there!!! I have my 6 month post-op appointment tomorrow. Hope my bloodwork shoes Im on track.

See you tomorrow night!.

Lara

purr-snickity
on 7/13/11 10:33 am - Jacksonville, AR
I would love too!

It's been almost 2 years since I've been to one. Only because of my work schedule, otherwise I'd be there every month.

Just so happens I'm off work right now. But I should warn if I make it I will look like a train wreck. I'm 6 days post-op from Dr Shewmake.

Sorry the text is so tiny, it will only let me type under "text" editor.

ljc   >^..^<
susandoeshair
on 7/13/11 11:09 am - Alexander, AR
What did you have done? I had a TT and arms done in January. Second best thing I ever did!

Susan

purr-snickity
on 7/13/11 11:43 am - Jacksonville, AR
Dr Shewmake did a LBL last Novemeber.
Very happy with it!
He just did my arms and face (throat was my big issue there) last Thursday.
Still swollen and bruised, but I can see I'm going to love it.
Arms have been real easy, little itchy. Still in binding.
I ran into Lisa at the commissary, she told me you'd gotten your TT and arms and was very happy with the outcome.
As long as I feel up to it I hope to join the meeting tomorrow.
I went in December while off work form the LBL, didn't know till too late it had be canceled.

ljc   >^..^<
TweedyBird
on 7/14/11 6:24 am - Somewhere, AR
 Do you still wear your binder? I had LBL 2 years ago, and I still wear it, it just feels more comfortable ( I only wear it to sleep though).
susandoeshair
on 7/14/11 7:30 am - Alexander, AR
Golly, NO!  Couldn't wait to get rid of the thing....lol!

Susan

purr-snickity
on 7/14/11 8:44 am - Jacksonville, AR
No, but I made it a point to be comfortable without it by May when I went on my son's wedding cruise. But it was rolled up and in my suitcase just incase. I still wore it after that when I wal****il just recently. I was walking up to 10 miles at a time before LBL, I usually walk around 5 miles at a time now. Could still do 10, just haven't had the time. Been without it last 3 or 4 times. I still baby my stomach muscle. LBL has been the roughest of all by far, but so glad I did it.  
Now the arm binding... can't wait to get them off!
After I got over the "wow" I'm off work on a meeting night yesterday, common sense returned that I have no business doing anything but staying home and recouping from my recent plastics.  Haven't turned the corner yet on the swelling, but shouldn't be too far from that corner. One of these days I'll get to go to another WLSM.

ljc   >^..^<
Pamela B.
on 1/22/13 11:21 am - AR
VSG on 08/14/15

I know you used Dr.Gibbs does he require a mandatory support group meeting before surgery.......I know Dr. Baker does......Im going to be using Dr.Gibbs for my sleeve surgery TY in advance......

susandoeshair
on 1/22/13 11:24 am - Alexander, AR
As far as I know, and this could have changed, Gibbs doesn't require pre or postoperative meetings, but he does suggest it

Susan

Most Active