Changing surgeons

poohbearsMeeMee
on 1/17/13 10:34 am - malvern, AR

It happens, it is scary, and makes me get out of my comfort zone, as some of you have probably been through the same!

Our surgeon moved to New Mexico and we all got notices in the mail that our records (and our follow up) was being moved to a new WLS clinic. Well, as one with OCD tendencies, I immediately panic! first of all, I researched and felt comfortable with the old surgeon, and did not like the reassignment without y input! secondly, as many of you that have relocated for one reason or another, you know that not many surgeons will take on someone elses patients, so my choice to change to someone I would feel better with was also reduced.

My first visit to the new clinic did not go well. The front office staff are all temp employees of the bigger university, and were there for a job, not because they LIKED it there. The communication of expectations is non existant, and I was left feeling nothing less than a number to push through the office for payment (which by the way is self pay, since the new surgeon is not on my list for insurance). I was left before their lunch hour to wait on lab, but they forgot me and then the PA came in to let me know they would not be drawing lab, since it was their lunch hour. He then chided me for "coming in on the busiest day of their week".

How was I to know it was their busiest day? I have since had a second visit, which did not go much better, but I have decided that the change in surgeons will not hinder my continued goal to drop the weight! I am now 12 pounds from under 200, and I WILL hit that goal soon!

And how is your week going? :)

Sarah ~ LapBand Princess~
Obesity Help Official Support Group Leader
www.obesityhelp.com/group/lapbandprincess/
Most Active