Help...Does anyone know what Coresource requires ?

Cindy N.
on 7/18/03 1:58 pm - Mountain Home, AR
I work at a hospital and my insurance is coresource as a third party provider. Does anyone know what they require as far as BMI and comorbidities inorder to cover WLS ? My BMI is 57, I have arthritis in my knees and ankles, borderline diabetes and on medication for treatment of depression. I plan to check with them Monday but was hoping someone here might know. So I don't have to worry all weekend. Cindy
Donna J.
on 7/19/03 2:11 pm - Blytheville, AR
Is your company self insured? Mine is and we use Coresource. it all depends on that your company has set up for their guidelines. As far as me...I didnt' have to have a psych exam, or any of the other crap that alot of insurance companies require. It sounds like you woudl qualify with just your BMI. Mine was 43.3 and mine was approved in less than 9 days. Good luck with your venture! Donna Johns
Cindy N.
on 7/20/03 10:33 am - Mountain Home, AR
Thanks Donna, I was hoping someone would have experience dealing with them. Coresource does work as a manager of our group insurance and I have heard of other people where I work getting the surgery so they must approve it. Thank goodness tomorrow is Monday and I can call them and get a better idea where I stand. I hope I can get approved as quickly as you did. Cindy
Most Active