I have a date!!

henner33
on 5/10/11 10:44 am - Canada
 I will have the VSG surgery on June 24th. I am so excited I can hardly stand it lol! I feel like the time is taking forever. I will start a pre-op liquid diet June 6th  any suggestions on how to make that any better would be greatly appreciated. I already started stocking up on glucerna meal replacements when they go on sale. Just wanted to share my good news!
Cheers
prplady
on 5/10/11 2:02 pm - Canada
congrats!
Momx4kids
on 5/11/11 2:22 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Good news!
Lynnww666
on 5/21/11 10:04 am - Canada
Congrats on getting a date for your surgery. It seems sometimes to be a long time coming but I bet the next month will fly by (well, perhaps two weeks on a liquid diet might seem to go slow). My surgery is set for end of July and I sometimes get jumpy happy excited thinking about it. I started this journey three years ago with a doc in Victoria but have been seeing Dr. Nguyen since Dec. 2010 and am very pleased with how well it has gone. He's certainly helpful and pleasant to talk to.
Best of luck with it all!
Lynn
Laney B.
on 5/25/11 4:35 pm
 congrats heather!!!! oooops henner? i'm so happy for you, i have all my pre-op appointments in june, and i'm hoping surgery soooooooon after.... how many months did you have between you last preop appt, and the surgery date?? i hope the docs don't decide to take july and august off hahaha.... you must be so happy... tell me, during your first appt with dr nguyen did he sort of hint at you getting the bypass?? coz he did me

congrats!
elaine
Jillville
on 5/30/11 1:57 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Good for you!! I can certainly understand your excitement!! I am seeing Dr. Sampath and haven't got a surgery date yet.  I'm looking forward to hearing more from you here - I wish you the best of luck!! :)
henner33
on 5/31/11 10:52 am - Canada
 Thanks for the well wishes! I just got my pre-op assessment appointment for June 23rd so now I am all set to go. Just need to have blood work and ecg done this week yahoo almost there....
luckiestparentoftwo
on 6/4/11 8:42 am - Canada
Congratulations...I am scheduled July 1st for RYN and i am terrified.....I start my preop on 15th.....I am in BC also.....so excited for you..
henner33
on 6/13/11 8:26 am - Canada

THe pre-op is really not as bad as you'd think. What plan to you have to follow? I have heard lots of good things about surgery in Mexico. We are pretty close in date. How long after surgery do you have to stay in Mexico? All the best for a quick recovery.
Cheers

suzanneb
on 6/4/11 11:08 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Congrats to you both having your surgery date

Suzanne

Most Active