Wednesday August 12th Surgery Day!!!

L_Ballantyne1962
on 8/9/15 1:36 pm - Canada

Happy Sunday Everyone... I am leaving for Victoria tomorrow morning. I have appointments Monday and Tuesday. See Anesthesiologist, chest x-ray, blood work, EKG, See Carla, Keeping me busy!!! My surgery is Wednesday Morning. I am exciting and nervous all at the same time.  The feeling is hard to explain. Looking forward to the next chapter, being on the bench. I started this journey with only knowing I had to do something to change the path I was on. Not taking care of my health and not believing in myself was so destructive. To think it has almost been a year since I meet Dr. Zentner. I walked into my family Dr.'s office July 2014 with tears in my eyes and asked her for help. She referred me to Dr. Zentner and meeting her changed my life. She has encouraged me, inspired me and even when I was not doing well and slipping off the path she was positive and told me I can do this. So here I am only days away from the next part of my journey. It took me till the end of August 2014 to first meet Dr. Zentner at that time I was 386lbs I am now at 345lbs. I have a long way to go but what is different for me is that I now know I am worth taking care of my health. Dr. Malik is my surgeon and he is no nonsense kinda guy but was very kind when we meet. Cheers Laura

mamaj1950
on 8/9/15 10:15 pm - Canada

hello and keep thinking all those positives thoughts.Ihave followed all diet suggestions and am doing well.I know you will do well too.you have made a decision to get your heath as a priority.the rest is all the little steps you take to stay on track.i wish you all the best and will keep in touch.

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/9/15 10:58 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Great job of losing so much weight already. I'm so excited for you. Good luck with your surgery on Wednesday, Laura! Keep us posted. 

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

heather5565
on 8/11/15 6:27 am - Prince George, Canada

Good luck with everything and looking forward to hearing from you "on the other side"

Heather

Soon-to-be-pain-free-and-a-healthier-me.

Reicken
on 8/11/15 5:36 pm - Victoria , Canada

You are in great hands. Dr. Malik did my sleeve and I definitely like his no-nonsense approach to this. He even reminded me of it as I was getting wheeled into the surgical suite. Carla and Co. are a great resource...don't hesitate to use them!

Let us know how it goes!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

Most Active