Orientation Completed

AnImperfectAngel
on 3/21/16 5:03 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

So I finally went to my orientation today. Another step closer to surgery.

I was shocked that a few of the people who attended didn't seem to know anything at all about the process. I mean we have at least two years to prepare, so it seems really weird to me that they wouldn't have done any research.

I was also surprised that I will probably be getting the sleeve rather than RNY which I thought would be better for me. They said that they are really pushing the sleeve right now in about 90% of cases.

Most of the information was a review for me but I did have it confirmed that I will have to be proactive and responsible for my own success.

I'm so glad that I've done the work that I have, it's put me so far ahead of the game. In the past few months, I have given up caffeine, pop, salt, chocolate, fast food and high fat and sugary foods and added one hour of brisk walking everyday.

I'm going to continue to move forward by making better choices so that my journey will be as successful as possible.

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Jibledoe
on 3/22/16 12:24 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

That's excellent Rhiannon! In my orientation, there were actually a few people who straight up stated that the nutritionist was essentially saying "there will be no joy in your life anymore" and 2 people didn't even continue for their follow ups after the orientation, but it's not a choice for everyone.  

Keep up the good work!

AnImperfectAngel
on 3/22/16 6:06 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Thanks. I'm really excited at this point to get in the best shape I can, both mentally and physically for my surgery.

Rhiannon

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

nkang
on 3/23/16 8:47 pm

Hey Rhiannon,

It was nice meeting you at Orientation. You really seem to have things well in hand. I'm sure the surgery will go great for you. Thanks for recommending the forums. 

Nicole

AnImperfectAngel
on 3/23/16 9:10 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Hi Nicole,

It was great meeting you as well. BTW, I was talking about the guys that would not stop talking through the entire session.

What did you think of the orientation? Did you know that they were mostly doing the sleeve now?

Do you think you'll move forward with the surgery?

Rhiannon

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

rabgal
on 3/23/16 10:21 pm

Yay!  Glad things went so well.  The team does pay attention to who isn't paying attention, lol.  You've already made such proactive choices and that will impress Dr Z and Carla :)

Welcome Nicole 

Most Active