Hello Everyone

alyzbzee
on 5/11/11 10:59 am - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
 Hi Everyone,

Haven't been on in quite some time.  I lurk every now and then, but have not posted.

I am doing fine, have lost a total of 120 lbs. since my highest weight and going on 2 years in July.  I have remained the same weight 208 for several months, heck maybe even a year.  I still have no problems with eating, and sometimes I think I eat more than I should.  Hubby says I eat like a fashion model - LOL

Work is crazy busy for me as usual.  I am trying to do some major creative financing to keep us afloat at the moment.  Running a business that not sure if we are going to make payroll from one week to the next is very scary.  There is only a $3 mil project going so $$ coming in is once a month.  We will survive even if we have to take a loan out from the owners until all these little jobs are taking off in the next couple of weeks.  But yes it is stressful.

If you remember me telling you about our company possibly getting bought out last year by another Electrical Contractor - Guess What?  That company called everyone in last month and closed the doors.  Or should I say the bank closed their doors.  Very sad for 150+ employees but sure am glad the sale did not go through or I would be out of work.

I have been doing Zumba for a couple of months now.  Started out with 2 nights a week, went to 3 nights a week and since I am up for renewal of my classes I am considering 4 nights a week.  I really love my Zumba classes.  My daughter goes with me a couple of nights.   By the way, she finally graduated from Cosmetology last month - YAY  now to get her state board taken.

My son is doing great with his personal training and should have his own gym by end of the year where he will be the BIG DOG - FITNESS DIRECTOR.

Currently we are dealing with my MIL.  She has been a cancer patient for 10 years, and last Saturday she was released from her week long hospital stay to go home with oxygen and a hospice team.  Not sure how long she will last, but we are just trying to keep her comfortable.  You expect these things and know life will come full circle eventually, but having to watch someone that is dying and they know they are dying is a whole different ball game.  We are all taking shifts for days and evenings.  My night is tomorrow and my MIL's schedule is all screwed up.  She wants to get up at 3am and have coffee and chit chat all night.  I pray she goes peacefully and without pain and that the care hospice and we are giving her is not painful to her.

Well I need to go make my dinner for tonight and prepare tomorrow's dinner in advance so my daughter just needs to heat up dinner when her dad get's home from work tomorrow.

Hope you are all well and still losing weight or maintaining.  Someday the scale will move for me again, but I know there are some things I need to adjust as well.  I still love the new me regardless.  

I love and miss  you all, but with stress from work, I prefer to just farm in the evenings.

See ya

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

bebaugh
on 5/11/11 12:56 pm - Merced, CA
Hey Annette!
It is so good to hear from you. I am glad you are doing well. I am too. I have actually put some weight back on. I guess I needed to. I go between 125 and 130. When I was at my lowest I had a couple of people think I had cancer and a few ask if I was anorexic. I am happy with where I am though.

I am sorry about your MIL. Hospice is really a help though. When my brother was dying of a brain tumor they really helped. He died at home. I sure understand how hard it is to watch someone die though. I know it is part of life though.

Thanks for checking in we love to hear from you!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

newbarb2
on 5/11/11 1:01 pm
Hey Annette,

So good to see you on OH!  I will keep your MIL in thought and prayers and also for your job.

Please come back here to lend or get support, we have lots of newbies who could really benefit from your expertise.

Lots of hugs,
Barb

Ms Shell
on 5/12/11 2:27 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hey girlfriend glad you are enjoying Zumba =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active