Hardest 10 lbs!

Michelle C.
on 8/9/11 12:43 am - Oakley, CA
Why is the last 10 pounds the hardest to loose??

I have 10 pounds to hit my goal of 160 lbs.  This last bit of weight is so hard to get off.  I know it will happen, but of course it's not happening as fast as I want it to .   

HW 315/SW 260/CW 164/GW 160

Mommy_AIC
on 8/9/11 1:52 am
Hi Michelle,

just keep on track and it will come off.  Remember there may be some bounce back.  Skin will account for a few extra pounds in all of us. You want to maintain for several months before you consider your plastics.

Sorry I did not answer you on how to put pictures in you post, I was out of the country.

The pictures must be in your account and then you can just copy and paste them into your message.  So upload to your profile some pictures and then they are available for your posts.  Hope that helps!
D~
r
eached goal ~ its all about maintaining now!
Michelle C.
on 8/9/11 12:20 pm - Oakley, CA
Thanks D, gonna try it now :)

Gus H.
on 8/9/11 2:43 am - La Puente, CA
Yes, it's always so hard and believe me, it gets HARDER the further out you get. Cut out the fat and carbs....Intestinal adaptation is what gets us.  Good luck!
MacMadame
on 8/9/11 8:43 am - Northern, CA
For some people it's because they are at a good weight and that 10 pounds on the scale is just extra skin. I always mentally subtract 10 pounds off my weight to account for that. (Rule of thumb: 1 pound of loose skin for every 10 pound lost... give or take.)

For others, they are eating more, exercising less and/or letting more junk back into their lives. On the eating more, that's natural and probably a good thing. We can't live on 600-800 calories a day for the rest of our lives!

For me, the last 10 pounds wasn't really all that different from the middle 10. Of course, it wasn't as easy and fast as the first 10!  

But I made a point to up my exercise every time my weight loss slowed down. It was important for me to lose as fast as possible as I didn't know how long I could stay in "dieting" mode and I wanted to get as much weight off as possible before I pooped out.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Michelle C.
on 8/9/11 12:19 pm - Oakley, CA
Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom.  I'm going to start tracking my food intake again, I am sure that will help.  

Honestly, if I stabilized at this weight I would be happy and content, but it would be nice to hit my goal :)

MurphysMom
on 8/10/11 12:50 pm - CA
You look fantastic even if you don't lose anymore weight, but I'm sure you would rather reach goal.  Good luck!
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
loverofcats
on 8/24/11 2:32 pm
Hi Michelle,

It has almost been one year for the two of us. What a difference a year makes!!!!

I recommend weighing and measuring your food, tracking your intake, increasing the intensity and frequency of exercise. Those things helped me to get to goal. The challenge is maintaining your goal weight. Once you hit maintenance, you just keep doing what you have been doing to lose the weight, but you can have a few more calories. The exercise, food journaling, making healthy choices continues forever. The further out that you get from surgery, it is more about the choices that we make, than the surgery itself.

Good Luck!!

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Lee ~
on 8/27/11 10:46 am - CA
Hi Michelle,
I hear ya about those last 10 pounds.  It took me months and months.  I finally had to get really serious about dropping every carb that didn't come from a veggie.  I hadn't tracked every bite over the summer.... vacation and other excuses etc.  Once I started tracking and dumped all the carbs, things started to move again and actually more quickly than they had in a really long time.

Yours will come off!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active