tummy tuck post surgery with kaiser?

kkimberly2004
on 12/16/11 10:08 am - Bellflower, CA
Does anyone know how to get approved for a tummy tuck post weight loss surgery with Kaiser? I know you have to prove it's medically necessary, but I guess I want to know is how difficut is it specifically with kaiser? Has anyone ou there been approved for a tummy tuck thrugh kaiser?
Dave Chambers
on 12/17/11 12:25 am - Mira Loma, CA
Kaiser won't do the tummy tuck, as that's considered costmetic surgery. They will however, do the panni. This is where the excess lose abdominal skin is just cut off. Not nearly as "tight" or as nice appearing as a tummy tuck. The tummy tuck tightens abdominal muscles, so you have a flatter firmer abdomen. Panni surgey would only be done if you have an issue. Like skin rashes, fungal infections under lose skin, or where the lose skin impeded your normal walking or ability to exercise. This surgery also requires a history of documentation from your doctor.  Photos is issues, documentation of office visits, issued scripts for medications. If you wanted plastic surgery, that's usually self pay. BUT, I know of one surgeon in southern CA who works with Kaiser. The costs incurred with the operating room, aneshesia, etc. can be deducted from the total cost of the plastic surgery, saving you $2-3K on a surgery of around 8K.  This would help, buy you'd still have a large bill to pay. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

kkimberly2004
on 12/17/11 5:35 am - Bellflower, CA
 thank you very much! What is the Dr's name just in case I inherit a 100 million dollars?
Dave Chambers
on 12/17/11 5:41 am - Mira Loma, CA
Dr. Batra.  He does a BUNCH of procedures on wt loss patients. He did 75 specific procedures on wt loss patients last year. People fly in from all over the States, including Hawaii. He was on Oprah when he worked on a woman with severe facial deformities. He works with Doctors Without Borders, doing probono work on kids in 3rd world countries a few weeks each year too. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.

kkimberly2004
on 12/17/11 5:54 am - Bellflower, CA
 wow very impressive! I will look him up! Hey I have a question and if you don't have an answer that is prefectly fine./ I have lost over a hundred pounds. I had the sleeve last November. I still have another hundred or so to loose. I dont weight myself because I dont want to become a scale *****! lol I became vegan several months ago simply as a personal shoice. Here is the bad news, I literally eat zone protien bars which are too high in carbs. I eat them because I absolutely cannot stand shakes! urgh! nasty. I eat them knowing they have some dairy in them. Im not happy with that, but I have got to get my protein in someway. I eat cashews, which are a good fat, but still sould be eaten in moderation. I sometimes can eat a small can in a day. I also drink Arizona's ice teas and I know they are horrible. They have too much sugar and they are too high in carbs. This is LITERALLY what I eat on a daily basis. Oh I forgot, when I fell like eating real food that's hot, I will get a frozen vegan meal in the the grocery store. They taste great but still a proceesed food which means it probably has too mugh salt and I know too many carbs. I am on a train wreck and I need to get off! How do I stop this insanity? Oh I also forgot to add I dont exercise and nerver have since surgery on a consistant basis. HELP!

Dave Chambers
on 12/17/11 6:37 am - Mira Loma, CA
Biggest bank in protein is generally considered to be whey isolate protein, it has almost all lactose filtered out. Whey concentrate protein has NO lactose fitlered out.  Protein bars are OK once in a while, but not for the majority of your protein.  I still use a generic unflavored whey isolate protein I found about 4 years ago. It mixes easily, has no taste and mixes easily with many soft foods. I routinely use it with oatmeal and SF pudding each week. I also use it to "jack up" some remnant packets of whey isolate protein.  Try to mix protein with water in smaller amounts. You can still get 20-25 g protein in 4 oz compared to like amounts in premade shakes that are 11-12 oz.  Cashews are not the best choice in nuts. Small amounts of unsalted roasted almonds are better.  15 or so at a time. I also use soynuts with 15g protein per 1/4C, roasted edamame with 14g protein in 1/4c, or dried peas with 6g protein per 1/4 cup.  Make you own iced teas and use Stevia for that sugar substitute.  Frozen meals that are low in fat or calories are normally jacked up with salt to add additional flavor.  Buy some frozen chicken thighs, frozen fish filets or frozen pre cooked shrimp. These are high in protein, easy to prepare, and low fat.  I cook any of these in my microwave. Shrimp is put in ceramic soup mug, covered with coffee saucer, and cooked for 3 minutes, drain off any liquid, season and eat.  Plasce the fish or chicken filet between two inverted plates in microwave. Cook for 3-4 minutes, drain off liquid, season and eat.  You need to PLAN meals, instead of grabbing things on the shelf. You'll save $$ and eat healthier.  I'm not a gourmet cook, but these items are very easy to prepare.  I even tried some wheat angel hair pasta from Trader Joes the other day. You need to do some  form of exercise for 30 minutes at least 4-5 days a week. Even walking a couple of miles is better than no exercise.  I got a bike and I use that daily in nice weather. DAVE

kkimberly2004
on 12/17/11 6:46 am - Bellflower, CA
 wow you really have it together! I will look into the whey isloate thow I really want to focus on something with no animal products. That why the meals you suggested wont work for me. Iplan on being vegan for the rest of my life. You have made some great suggestions. Thank you for taking time out of your day to talk with me. kim
Dave Chambers
on 12/17/11 9:57 am - Mira Loma, CA
I'd suggest you journal your foods. Learning to become a full time vegetarian may offer some challenges getting enough protein.  http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=92 is a link that offers an extensive listing of the highest density protein foods on earth, and it also includes many items that are not dairy or fish, fowl, pork or beef.  I know of only one guy in 3 support groups that include over 150 monthly attendees who is a vegetarian. He made this decision several months post op, as he had difficulty digesting the more common sources of proteins.  You'll have to monitor your labs closely too, and keep up with daily supplements or you'll end up with nutritional shortages. DAVE

Ms Shell
on 1/4/12 8:23 am - Hawthorne, CA
I haven't been on the CA forum in forever but if this is to be y our life you need to get together a plan of action and eating the way you are isn't going to last TOO long well I don't think it will.

Whatever your lifestyle sit down and make a list of what you WILL eat.  And build your meal plan from there.  Good luck.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

kkimberly2004
on 1/4/12 9:41 pm - Bellflower, CA
 Thank you and you are so right!
Most Active