Halloween Recap - SPRING FORMAL PLANNING!

Feystorm
on 11/4/12 9:34 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Hello OH peeps!!  The Halloween party was a great success.  I am so thankful to everyone who made it and hope to see more of the wonderful people I met for the first time.  And of course, I plan to make more plans with everyone in the future.  I posted a bunch of pics in our group for the party.  I will be deleting the group in a couple of weeks (just a lot of personal information).

The idea was kicked around last night to do a spring formal party.  We would have it at the same place - and I think for this event we already have a lot of great ideas.  We would be looking at having the party in March or April.  (May-July is blacked out for me as I will be studying for finals and then the CA Bar Exam and unavailable for life).  

Here are some ideas we have:

- Before / After photos shown on the large flatscreen inside our clubhouse

- Ballroom Dancing (Mike & Linda B are taking lessons and we are going to enjoy watching, some of us might also take some lessons as well). 

- Clothing Exchange

- Possibly have it catered - there is a fully equipped kitchen, and once we pick a date, I might be able to get a chef friend to prepare a large meal 

- Photo ops - the idea here is to possibly have one of my photographer friends "work" the party - or maybe a photo booth or something like that.  

- As it is a Spring Formal, we will be requiring formal attire.  But this means that we will also be having more outings, just for shopping!!! Yay shopping!!!!

- To do some of the above, I would need donations from attendees - we can discuss this as the time gets closer, but I don't want any surprises.  

- I hope that people are interested and would like to come.  We had two people fly in for the Halloween party - feel free to fly in and join us for this party!!!  

Please send me a message with any ideas that you would like to submit - from the best possible dates for you and yours to other ideas to make this get together a success for everyone.  What would you like to see at a party?  What would make it a great event for you?  

Last night was so much fun, that a group of us followed it up today by spending the day together - so the fun didn't end til about an hour ago.  I hope to have many continued fun events in the future!!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Most Active