Sacramento support groups

bigcoop
on 8/2/13 11:40 am - CA

I lost contact with my groups and get back into the meetings now that I have transportation. Anyone who has knowledge of meetings nearby please reply. Thank you

Chris A.
on 8/21/13 9:51 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

Sorry, I had not checked in on the California forum lately. UCD's support group meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month (last night) at 6:30 p.m. in the Ellison Building. We usually have 12 - 20 people in attendance and they accept people not affiliated with their program at the support group.

Bella Italiana
on 9/6/13 3:56 am
VSG on 08/17/13

Hi there, can you tell me a little more about the Sacramento group?  I'm really unsure about going to a group support meeting, truthfully.  Can you tell me what you get out of it?  Do you find it helpful?  Thank you!

Chris A.
on 9/6/13 5:17 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

For me its simply a matter of trying to keep my focus. I'm transitioning into maintenance and am very worried about regaining anything. My feeling is a once a month meeting is not much time to give up in order to work towards keeping my head screwed on straight, remembering where I've come from and what I've gained. Some meetings are better than others. October will be a special session for a fee held at Sac Food Coop and it will be a cooking class (how to cook bariatric appropriate meals). So, might not be for everyone, but works for me.

Most Active