Let's do a poll: Do you drink protein shakes?

ladydi1970
on 7/23/09 8:04 am - GA

Nope!  But would if I had to.

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Nicolle
on 7/23/09 8:18 am
I am 17 months out from my DS, past goal, and I do not do protein drinks. I have one as a treat about once a week at my gym. A mocha one that is like a yummy, ice-cream-type milkshake.

I must admit, my bowels do not like shakes at home much. I get some diarhhea from them, almost immediately after, no matter what brand and no matter what I seem to mix them with--water, milk, half and half or ice cream. And no, I am not lactose intolerant, as I drink milk quite regularly with no fallout.

My energy is crazily through the roof now, so if I started doing them successfully regularly, I'm afraid it might feel like I have a jet fuel pack strapped to my back!

Nicolle 

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

DS Facts
on 7/23/09 8:28 am
I am 16 1/2 months out and I do not drink protein shakes; never could get over the taste. I protein load every meal. I know I can't have any meal without 25g of protein or I will not get my daily requirements in.

When I have plastics in Sept I am going to try unflavoured protein with orange juice and crushed ice. This is not something I would have done while trying to lose weight because of the sugar in the juice, but after plastics I think protein loading for healing while it's hard to eat (less room from hernia repair/muscle repair and plastics) is vital.

Bev
ldz
on 7/23/09 9:49 am
i have never been good about the shakes or supplements.  still trying.  i did drink one on tuesday and meant to drink one yesterday.  oops.  i felt so much better however.  i am going to try to get one down tonight.  i love them when i make them, but i just keep forgetting to make them.  i know i need them.  i still 4get to eat too.  i am doing good to get in 75g protein a day.  thanks for the post.
Ladysweetthang
on 7/23/09 11:59 am - NJ
I hate protein drinks but, since your post I honestly have been making a concious effort to drink  shakes and I think I found something I like..I have a bunch of vitalady samples and I'm going to make a goal of one a day and work myself up from there. Thank you Lori..

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

Ladysweetthang
on 7/23/09 12:04 pm - NJ
I hate shakes but, your post was scary and I have a 75 cc.. not far from yours

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

Bronwen
on 7/23/09 12:20 pm - Wilmington, DE
I'm 3 years out and I started drinking shakes last year just "recreationally."  I have no set schedule, really.  If I need something sweet and feel like I've overdone the sugar for a day, then I have a shake.  I don't mind them, but I don't think I'd want a steady diet of them.  I like food

I'd say on average, I get one or two a week.
sw:298/cw:152/no goal set
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."  --J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

supergirl3
on 7/23/09 12:39 pm - Canada
I drink one double scoop of Champion chocolate every day made with water.  I get in almost 50 grams of protein with that, and to me, it tastes like chocolate milk.

SUPERGIRL
Start weight - 287
Lowest - 123
Current - 130's
Height 5'7"

J G.
on 7/23/09 4:54 pm
1year               eat my protein                  lactose and whey intolerant
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/09 8:04 pm
I can't wait to get my banana scream. I really need to up my protein in a big way, since I'm not really that hungry. I'm usually one a day or every other day. But that's cause I'm bored with my current shake. It's not nasty, I'm just bored.

I drink 'fuzzy navel' by Nectar. Tried the other flavors and am bored with them. Ho hum....

Not a big chocolate fan either. I like strawberry and banana so, i'll try those.

Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1257 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views