Pork chop recipe

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/10 12:08 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Ok, made this tonight.

Dredged 5 1" thick pork chops in seasoned flour (I cheated and used adobo), fried in olive oil for 5 mins. on each side. I put them in a baking dish that I had sprayed with Pam. Covered them with aluminum foil, baked for 25 minutes.

Then, I mixed and added the following:

1 can healthy request lower sodium cream of mushroom soup, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup white wine (I used some leftover Pinot Grigio). I poured it over the chops, recovered them, and continued to bake for another 25 -30 minutes.

The husband liked it!

Anne S.
on 9/8/10 12:16 pm
Bailey, how did you cook the pork so long without them getting dry or tough? I guess I don't understand cooking or cuts of meat very well (yet). Thanks for posting your recipe, though. Looks really good.
(deactivated member)
on 9/8/10 1:35 pm - Bayonne, NJ
They were the really thick pork chops, and when you fry them first it locks in some of the juice. The problem with pork is that most supermarket pork isn't fatty enough. They've turned it into a lean meat over the last 20 years. It sucks - I miss real, juicy pork.

Cooking it in the sauce, covered, also helps to keep it moist.
Anne S.
on 9/8/10 2:07 pm

I see. Thanks for telling me. I am almost all-thumbs when it comes to what some folks find second nature.

Batwingsman
on 9/8/10 5:39 pm - Garland, TX
  Sounds good, Mousie ..  

I wish Cracker Barrell would adopt a recipe like that one, btw ..    I ate dinner there Monday and ordered their Monday "fried pork chop" special ..   Unfortunately, the 2 chops came VERY heavily breaded, pretty much similar to chicken-fried steak ..    

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

mrsannie
on 9/8/10 10:31 pm
Wow, sounds yummy!  What temp do you set the oven at?

Thanks!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/10 12:30 am - Bayonne, NJ
Oh geez I can't believe I left that out. 350F. I used a pyrex baking dish, too.
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/10 12:57 am
Gracie P.
on 9/9/10 12:57 am - Mansfield, OH

Sounds YUMMY!  I love putting Cr. of Mush. soup over pork!

The DH and I LOVE pork steak because it does have a decent amount of fat on it.  Good for me but not so good for the DH!  We simply put it on the grill and add BBQ sauce towards the end of the cooking.  YUM!!!!!!

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

yorkieGal
on 9/9/10 3:45 am - Clermont, FL

My Guy, boils the pork first in some seasoned water, then drenches in any kind of marinade like BBQ sauce or teriaki and then puts them on the BBQ and boy, the meat stays so juicy and succulent.
I was never a fan of pork before s my strangle band would not let me eat it without paying numerous trips to the rest room, so I kind of went off it. This new way of cooking it has me hooked. We have been eating alot of the country style boneless ribs cooked this way through the summer.

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1259 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 513 views