How About "Gummys"?

Batwingsman
on 9/8/10 5:36 pm, edited 9/9/10 1:06 am - Garland, TX
 I was at Target the other day and I noticed they had a sale display up of omega/fish oil enzymes in the form of chewable gummies, rather than the usual oil suspension caps they come in .. 

Would these finally be in a form that we can absorb, or are gummys pretty much malabsorbed by us, too?   

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/10 10:38 pm - Lancaster, OH
That sounds like a perfect DS supplement.  For the tiny fraction of the oil we might absorb, the gummys will cause us to **** it out faster than we can take it in.

You, my friend, are an effing genius!
Janine P.
on 9/8/10 10:40 pm - Long Island, NY

Janine   Me on Youtube 

levittown_loser
on 9/8/10 10:57 pm - Levittown, PA
It's the masked Batwingsman!  I've missed your most informative posts sir.

Hmmm first thought is this. 

Probably the first or 2nd ingredient is corn syrup or glucose syrup.    A dude who has never made it to goal probably shouldn't be injesting sugar in the quanties he would need of Omega's in gummie form to make it anywhere near worth it.

And you say FINALLY ... like there is not a better option out there for us already.   Have you not seen the Coromega discussed here before?

300% BETTER ABSORPTION THAN SOFTGEL CAPSULES – Our patented emulsion process allows Coromega to be absorbed into your bloodstream more efficiently. By taking Coromega you get 300% better absorption of Omega-3 as compared to softgels!
Bioavailability Study

http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&k ey=2062

Click here for full nutrition information

Coromega Omega-3 650mg Orange Flavor 30 serve/pack
( 2062 )

Details:

No more swallowing pills!

Now available: Convenient small single-serving foil packets (2.5g). Pleasantly orange flavored and creamy. (It tastes and feels just like orange pudding). Squeeze directly into mouth or add it to cold foods such as yogurt or protein drinks. EFA's are necessary for the health of the skin, hair, eyes, heart and help you feel fully satisfied longer. They also aid in the proper function of the brain, bowels and joints.

Contains no sugar or dairy!

Price: $16.99
Quantity:

Coromega Omega-3 650mg Orange Flavor 30 serve/bx
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Packet
ServingsPer Container: 30
Amount Per Serving   % Daily Value*
Calories 20     
    Calories from fat 20     
Total Fat  3%
    Saturated fat 0.5  g 3%
    Trans fat g  
Cholesterol mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates g 0%
Vitamin C 12  mg 20%
Vitamin E IU 10%
Fish Oil 2000  mg +
    Long Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids      
  650  mg^ +
    EPA 350  mg^ +
    DHA 230  mg^ +
Stevia Leaf Extract 10  mg +

* Percent DVs are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
^ GC by area %

Ingredients: Fish Oil, water, pasteurized egg yolk, natural orange flavor, ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate, stevia leaf extract, vegetable oil, d-alpha tocopherol, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, vanillin, beta carotene color, xanthan gum, menthol.
Contains Egg.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/10 12:02 am
These are a much better bet for us in terms of absorption: www.vectomega.com/.  They are water-miscible. You can buy them on Amazon.
Batwingsman
on 9/9/10 1:05 am - Garland, TX
 No, I hadn't heard about these other forms ..  Glad someone found a solution to the fish oil problem for us  ..  Thanks for the info.   

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Princesss
on 9/9/10 1:11 am - NY
I have some coromega that I used as a preop and its been sitting around because I feel like it would be wasted taking it when I malabsorb so much fat. What are your thoughts on the vectomega vs. coromega?
You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so you can fly away
You gotta make a decision
You leave tonight or live and die this way
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/10 1:29 am
There seems to be evidence and anecdotal experience that Coromega is better absorbed than standard fish oil. I know a lot of DSers take it and have noted an improvement.

I tried it, but frankly, could not stand the taste. I seem to be in the minority in terms of not having cared for it, but the note of fishiness was too strong and made me gag. 

Bearmom suggested the Vectomega and I've been taking it for several months. I've also increased my almond and flaxseed intake. At my last labs, my HDL cholesterol had come up 12 points, so something seems to be working. 
Princesss
on 9/9/10 1:51 am - NY
Did you try the orange flavor? I keep mine in the fridge and the orange flavor has no fishiness at all to it.

I try to avoid flax due to the omega 6 in it but I will probably start on the coromega again. Now to go through my insane vites schedule to figure out when I can slip it in to not react poorly to something else lol

btw: If you havent tried the orange and want to I can bring some on Sunday.
You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so you can fly away
You gotta make a decision
You leave tonight or live and die this way
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/10 1:56 am
Princess, thanks for the offer. I have tried the orange (as well as the chocolate orange and lemon-lime). Oddly enough, I did find it to be fishy. I know, everyone else says they don't taste it, so I must just be nuts. 

I am super-sensitive to smells since my DS, so maybe I am smelling rather than tasting the fish. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1254 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views